Imagine a world without print. No signs to help you navigate around your world. No greetings cards. No way of telling the Cornflakes from the Coco-Pops, the shaving foam from the deodorant, or the dog food from the tin of beans. We’d have no symbols on the keys of our laptops, and no wallpaper to decorate our homes.
Print is tactile and seductive, powerful and effective. It communicates, educates and inspires.
Print delivers outstanding value and return on investment. And print is one of the most sustainable and environmentally responsible industries on the planet.
Did you know that the UK print sector:
- Is the world's fifth largest producer of printed products
- Has a turnover of £14 billion
- Has 112,000 employees
- Consists of 8,000 companies
- Has a gross added value of £5.5 billion
- Made a P.A. capital investment of £650 million in 2016
- Had a positive trade of £742 million in 2018
Print is a great industry - it's official! And we don't just mean it's a great industry to work in either. Print plays a vitally important role in the performance of UK plc, and has huge economic significance nationally.
- Employers There are almost 4 million young people across over 4000 secondary schools in the UK (data taken from BESA key educational statistics) and these are probably four million people who know very little about our industry and we have the opportunity to change this by all getting involved.
- Schools Print informs and illuminates, it brings us beauty and entertainment; it communicates and educates and inspires. Print delivers outstanding value and return on investment. And print is one of the most sustainable and environmentally responsible industries on the planet.