Print is a great industry - it's official! And we don't just mean it's a great industry to work in either. Print plays a vitally important role in the performance of UK plc, and has huge economic significance nationally.
Using data from a wide range of official sources, the BPIF has published UK printing - the facts and figures. This flyer sets out detailed information on the structure of our industry by region and product, as well as covering its economic importance and its productivity. It also highlights the effectiveness and sustainability of print as a modern communications medium.
We have produced this flyer as part of our on-going programme of representational activity directed toward influencing Government agencies and other organisations whose decisions impact on our member companies' interests. As with Priorities for Print - the lobbying document we have previously published, UK printing - the facts and figures will be used to educate politicians, parliamentarians and public servants about the vital role print plays in today's economy. But we'd also like you to use it too, in your own contacts with external audiences, including your customers. The printed version's handy fold up laminated format means it's ideal for you to carry with you on your travels.
You can download a copy below. If you would like to purchase a supply of printed copies, or to receive a high-res file to enable you to print some yourself, please contact [email protected]
- Printing Outlook Printing Outlook is the BPIF's quarterly printing industry trends survey, compiled primarily from an online survey of BPIF members.
- Wage Benchmarking The BPIF is continuing to develop support to assist BPIF members with salary and wage benchmarking.
- Industry Research Downloads and links to other relevant reports, resources and industry specific data.
- Print Media Industry Climate Heidelberg has harnessed the data collected from over 5,000 machines worldwide connected to the Heidelberg Cloud to report on activity and display the impact of the Covid-19 pandemic.
- Economic Dashboard View the latest economic indicators for the UK from the Office for National Statistics on this economic dashboard.
- Rapid Response Indicators Early experimental data on the impact of the coronavirus (COVID-19) on the UK economy and society. These faster indicators are created using rapid response surveys, novel data sources and experimental methods.
The BPIF is the printing industries champion. By becoming a member you join a diverse and influential community. We help you solve business problems, connect you to new customers and suppliers and make your voice heard in government.
0845 250 7050