At the BPIF, we're always looking for ways to connect our members with the country's decision-makers. We think showing MPs first-hand how print works, and sharing with them our ideas for how the Government can support our industry, is the best way to ensure they're representing us in the corridors of power.
While our July Members' Day in Westminster is a great opportunity to do this, by far the best way to engage your local MP is to invite them to come and visit you at your premises. If you can offer them a tour, a chance to meet staff (in other words, potential voters!), a cup of a coffee and a photo opportunity, they are more than likely to say yes!
Check out our brand new 'Meet Your MP' pack, designed especially for BPIF members, to help organise an MP's visit. It includes a template press release you can use to send to your local papers after the visit, with the MP's permission.
Carys Davis, the BPIF's Public Affairs Adviser, can help make arrangements and give you ideas for topical issues to raise during the visit. She will often be able to attend the visit as well, so do let her know if you're interested in meeting your MP!
- The All Party Parliamentary Print Group The All Party Parliamentary Print Group (APPG) was established in 2001 and exists to provide a forum in which the issues impacting on the printing industry may be debated
- Priorities for Print Priorities for Print sets out our members' current concerns on a number of key issues facing the industry and the actions that we believe need to be taken by Government to address these.
- Government & Industry Committee The Government and Industry Committee aims to influence developments, prioritise issues, gain understanding and set the agenda.
- Consultations and Representations The BPIF is regularly consulted by the government regarding the formulation of public policy.
- European Legislation Tracker Downloadable Intergraf Factsheets.
- Lobbying Updates for Members Downloadable lobbying update for members.
The BPIF is the printing industries champion. By becoming a member you join a diverse and influential community. We help you solve business problems, connect you to new customers and suppliers and make your voice heard in government.
Call 0845 250 7050