All printers want to pride themselves on their health & safety management, but few measure themselves objectively and even fewer carry out independent reviews of their health & safety. The BPIF H&S Healthcheck is a quick, easy and [for Platinum members] free review of your current processes that gives you a clear work-to list of actions to improve where gaps have been identified.
The BPIF Adviser will carry out a site tour of your premises and take you through a series of specific detailed questions about current practices on topics such as: Arrangements and Management of Health & Safety, Control of Machinery and Equipment Hazards, Slips and Trips, Transport/Traffic Route, Skin Care and COSHH, Upper Limb Disorder, Lifting and Handling and Working at Height, auditing related documents. The areas for these topics are based on the HSE legal requirements and best practice for the printing industry.
The Healthcheck is delivered in half a day along with a detailed report spelling out issues that need addressing if required.
- In-depth review of relevant legislation compliance
- Identification of shortfalls against accepted best practice
- Clear report advising of corrective actions
- Guidance documents and forms, free to Platinum members
- Focused on print-specific Health & Safety problems
- Promotes best practice in health and safety
- Identifies opportunities for specific improvements
- Assists with tender documentation
- Helps prevent environmental incidents
- Demonstrates the organisation is managing environmental issues
- Docs & Guidance We have a wealth of online templates you can use. From draft policies to checklists and guidance, as a member you are entitled to use these all for your business.
- Our Advisers are industry experts Our Advisers understand your business and how to ensure you meet key health and safety requirements.
- Stamp your business with a BPIF H&S Seal of Excellence Once you have assessed where your company is at we can help you achieve and be recognised for excellence.
- Useful Links We can direct you to the links you need to know.
- Legislation & Prosecutions The Legal Register is a list of legislation applicable to the Printing Industry, it offers you a way to keep up to date with environmental and health & safety changes.
- Safety Communications Free resources to help your teams engage better with Health and Safety. Download our posters for your workplace or read about how you can make a Tool Box Talk work for you.
The BPIF is the printing industries champion. By becoming a member you join a diverse and influential community. We help you solve business problems, connect you to new customers and suppliers and make your voice heard in government.
Call 0845 250 7050