1. Our guiding privacy principlesThe British Printing Industries Federation (BPIF) is committed to upholding your privacy as a valued member, prospective member, customer or user of this or any other BPIF website. The personal data about you that we collect process or use ('Data') is held securely and treated in accordance with this Policy. Whenever you give us Data, you are agreeing to its collection and for us to process it as explained at the time of collection and in this Policy, including our use of 'cookies' (see section 7). We operate an integrated communications programme which means we use your Data to communicate with you through several different channels; including direct mail and email (see sections 4 and 5). Our aim is to keep you up-to-date with all the latest news from the BPIF, however if you feel you no longer wish to receive direct mail or email communications from us, you are able to change your mailing preferences individually at any time (see section 6). If you would like to contact us at any time with regard to this Policy or its contents please contact your Regional Office - contact details can be found on www.britshprint.com/contact-us/
2. What personal data do we collect?If you visit the BPIF website, your Internet Protocol ('IP') address and other information relating to your visit will be tracked by a method called URL Rewriting where the link (URL) to any page on the site has a unique session ID appended to it (see section 7 for more details). If you wish to interact with britishprint.com, you will need to become a registered user of the site. That process will involve you providing us with Data about you such as your name, address, email address and job title. Similar and other Data such as your number of years' business experience and previous companies may be requested if, either online through britshprint.com or by email, or by post, in person or telephone, you order BPIF products or services or apply for BPIF membership. After you first request information from the BPIF, book to attend a BPIF event, provide us with your business card at a BPIF event, purchase any other BPIF goods or services, or become a registered user of britishprint.com or an BPIF member, we will collect other Data such as when you request information or publications, sign up for conferences or other BPIF events or surveys. When you order certain goods and services from the BPIF you will be asked for further Data such as your credit card details and expiry date and to verify the delivery address where relevant.
3. Disclosure of informationThe BPIF's use of your Data for any of the purposes disclosed in this Policy, or any other purposes disclosed in any separate communication, may involve the BPIF sharing it with third party suppliers such as contractors, agents or professional advisers appointed by the BPIF to assist the BPIF in providing BPIF services, facilities and products. These may include entities located in countries outside the European Economic Area (currently the European Union and Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway), who will be required to comply with our strict privacy requirements, and to demonstrate that they follow best practice guidelines for data protection. In no other case, unless obliged to do so by law, will the BPIF sell, rent, lease or otherwise share your Data with third parties, unless you have provided your specific, positive and unambiguous consent.
4. What we use your data forData about you provided to the BPIF will be used for the purposes described at the time of collection. It may also be used for the other purposes described in this Policy. For instance, Data will be used by the BPIF to record britishprint.com usage patterns and your use of the BPIF's other services, goods and facilities, thus helping us to administer these effectively and provide the highest possible level of service. It also helps us better understand your needs and interests. If you are a BPIF member your Data may be used to send you, by post or by email, any BPIF publications made available to BPIF members including regular monthly magazines, newsletters and updates on regional events and activities. It will also be used for BPIF administrative purposes such as membership renewal reminders. If you are not a BPIF member your Data may be used to send you regular relevant updates about the latest information and services available from the BPIF, by post or email. We will always require you to supply an email address when you complete a transaction on britishprint.com for email confirmation and administration purposes. However, when capturing your email address we may also offer you the chance to 'opt in' to receive other email communications. If you do not ask to be sent these communications, you will only receive email for administration purposes. Data may also be used to send BPIF members and non-members promotional communications as described in the 'Promotional Communications' - section 5 below.
5. Promotional communicationsUnless you have previously opted out of receiving such communications (see 'Opting out' - section 6), your Data will be used by the BPIF for marketing, advertising and promotions ('Promotions'). These Promotions may advertise BPIF events and other BPIF services, goods and facilities, some of which are offered to you in partnership with specially selected partners of the BPIF. Because of this, Data may be shared with them solely for the purpose of informing you of such BPIF events, services, goods and facilities. Other Promotional communications may also invite you to participate in surveys or prize events sponsored by third parties. These third parties will have been specially selected by the BPIF and third party Promotions will not result in your Data coming into the third party's possession unless you give separate consent to this occurring, for example if you participate in a survey or prize draw or subsequently place an order with the third party. In that event please check notices supplied by that third party for information as to how they will make use of your Data. Promotional communications may be made by post, or email. In the case of email communications these will only be sent to you if you have opted into the BPIF's use of email to communicate with you on these matters. You can unsubscribe using the link at the bottom of the email.
6. Opting outYou may at any time opt out of any future BPIF communication, digital or non-digital, Promotional or non-Promotional. If you wish to opt out of receiving postal communications please contact the BPIF Membership Department (contact details in section 1). If you wish to opt out of email communications please use the 'Unsubscribe' link provided and follow the instructions. Alternatively please contact your Regional Office - see 1 above.
- We use google analytics' to measure and analyse visitor information related to our web site. For that purpose, your IP Address, Internet traffic data and data on your browser type and PC are collected.
- We will not use any of this data to identify you personally, it is used only to monitor and improve britishprint.com.
- IInternet browsers normally accept cookies by default, but it is possible to set a browser to reject cookies, however, this may reduce the functionality of britishprint.com
Supplementary informationWe may supplement your personal data with other Data about you we have received from third parties, provided that they have obtained and shared that Data with us in a manner that is compliant with all relevant laws and codes. For instance a third party may be used to verify your payment details. We may also combine Data about your purchasing habits with similar. Data about you to create a personalised user profile. We can then use this to send you communications which are more likely to be of interest to you.
Maintaining the information we hold about youThe BPIF aims to keep the Data it holds about you accurate and up to date. If at any time you want to verify, update or amend any Data we hold about you or if you become aware of possible errors or inaccuracies in that Data, if you are a member please visit www.britishprint.com/login where you are able to view and amend your details online (you will need to be logged in using your username and password). Alternatively contact the BPIF at your Regional Office - see 1 above. If you wish to opt out of further use of your Data for any purpose, please refer to Section 6 on 'Opting Out.'
Links to third party sitesbritishprint.com may contain links to other sites, provided as a convenience to you. You are under no obligation to use these sites, but if you choose to do so, please be aware that these sites have separate content, privacy and data collection policies. Please refer to these before interacting with the site. The BPIF cannot accept responsibility for any use of your Data by these sites.
SurveysThe BPIF may from time to time invite you to participate in surveys. This may occur online or using other communication channels. Anonymity of individual respondents and protection of personal details will be maintained except where you have expressly granted permission to the contrary. Information gathered through surveys will be researched and compiled on an aggregated basis and results may be published on britishprint.com or elsewhere. Such results will not identify you. The information will be used to help us formulate our policy positions and to monitor or improve britishprint.com and BPIF products and services.
SecurityThe BPIF places great importance on the security of all Data associated with our members, customers, registered users of britishprint.com and other contacts. We have security measures in place to protect against loss, misuse or alteration of Data under our control. Unfortunately no transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal data, we cannot warrant the absolute security of any Data you transmit to us online or to any other persons providing products or services online through britishprint.com. You are responsible for maintaining the security of your passwords in your possession and/or any account information in your control.
BPIF Business DirectoryIf you subscribe to the BPIF Business Directory [Select Printer] then information you submit will be available to all users. Please exercise caution before disclosing any information in these circumstances, particularly personal information about you or anybody else. For instance you, or an identified third party, may receive unsolicited Promotional communications as a result, for which the BPIF cannot be responsible.
Notification of changesThe BPIF reserves the right to modify, alter or otherwise update this Policy at any time and users are encouraged to review this Policy from time to time. Any changes to the Policy will be highlighted on the britishprint.com homepage and the previous Policy will be available on britishprint.com for at least six months after the change has come into effect.
The British Printing Industries Federation is registered with the Data Protection Registrar BPIF: Reg. no. Z6940750 K0870020 Director Publications Ltd: Reg. no. Z570863 C0232158