"Every day is different and no two jobs or customers are the same."
Sophie Chuter, Level 2 Digital Printing – Production
Digital Printing (Pre-press & Artwork) Level 3
Who Should Attend
This qualification is split into three pathways - Digital printing (Printer, digital printer), digital pre-press and digital artwork (desktop publisher, graphic designer, Print designer, pre-press manager).
The level three apprenticeship is aimed at candidates who are regularly designing artwork and who are capable of working without direct supervisions - producing creative artwork, maintaining digital systems, running equipment and controlling output and quality
The aim of the apprenticeship is to develop an individual so that they are competent in their role but they also need to know what they are doing and why. To aid this the apprentices will study a Technical Certificate, they will cover the following key areas and will be able to describe and explain them:
- Health & Safety
- Personal Development
- Industry overview
- Employment Rights & responsibilities
- Quality, including quality systems
- Proofing / Control output and quality
- Operate digital printing machines
- Manage colour reproduction
- Understanding the main printing processes
- Plan work to meet production requirements
- Send/receive digital files
- Plan and capture digital images
- Maintain digital systems in working order
- Design and produce creative digital colour artwork for print
- Prepare/create digital colour artwork for print
- Prepare stencils
- Make plates for lithographic printing
- Improve individual and organisational performance
24 to 36 months
- Why choose an apprenticeship? Success in business means providing quality work and great customer service at a good price.
- Team Leader Ideal for those just starting out in a leadership or management role. The units will allow candidates to learn and implement the core skills needed in today’s dynamic business environment.
- Customer Service Aimed at those who want to be able to handle more difficult customers. This qualification helps to improve skills and become more involved in making improvements to the team's level of customer service.
The BPIF is the printing industries champion. By becoming a member you join a diverse and influential community. We help you solve business problems, connect you to new customers and suppliers and make your voice heard in government.