28 July 2021
The all clear is given to the Level 2 Print Operative Standard
BPIF Training are excited to announce that we are now able to deliver the Level 2 Print Operative Standard. Delivered over 2 years, this apprenticeship provides the foundation for a young person to start their career in print.
The apprentice will learn core knowledge, skills, and behaviours necessary for any print environment as well as specialising in one of three route ways.
- Pre-press: where the apprentice will be responsible for receiving customer files and preparing them for printing. They will also produce customer proofs, plates, cylinders, screens, and electronic files.
- Press: where the apprentice will learn to set up the printing press and check materials against work instructions as well as inspecting output and reporting any issues. They will also be responsible for cleaning the print machinery, preparing work for the next department, and performing basic maintenance.
- Post-press: where the apprentice will set up finishing equipment, checking materials against work instructions. They will also be responsible for loading materials into the finishing machine, preparing work for the next department and performing basic maintenance.
The print operative apprenticeship standard supports occupations in the print and graphics communication sector and may be found in printing, packaging, creative and design industries. This can include:
- Magazines, newspapers, books, and posters
- Cartons, packaging, signs, and banners
- Personal gifting such as calendars, photo books and greeting cards
- Functional printing onto materials other than paper, such as plastics, electronic circuits, textiles, and a wide range of other materials
- Physical printed security products such as passports, ID cards, bank notes and credit cards.
BPIF Training are now able to take starts for the qualification now. Whether you have current staff who are looking to retrain into the production area or if you are looking to recruit for a new role we can help.
For further information on the Level 2 Print Operative Standard, please contact [email protected].
1 September 2021
Access the latest edition of the Economic Newsletter for the European Printing Industry for data on paper consumption and pricing data for pulp, paper, recovered paper, and various packaging grades.
6 September 2021
More environmentally friendly printing is fast emerging as a key industry trend for the 2020s. With the UN's Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change issuing a 'Red Alert' for climate change on 9 August, brand owners and consumers are increasingly searching out and choosing solutions that minimise carbon emissions and waste.