Summary of print-relevant Government 'Technical Notices' for a no-deal scenario
The Government has published a series of 'Technical Notices' (TN) which provide information to businesses and individuals regarding a potential 'no deal' outcome of the Brexit negotiations. A 'no deal' scenario is one where the UK leaves the EU and becomes a third country at 11pm GMT on 29 March 2019 without a Withdrawal Agreement and framework for a future relationship in place. While the Government considers a 'no deal' unlikely, it is keen to prepare for all eventualities come March 2019.
The TNs published so far have covered areas including medical supplies, financial services, nuclear safeguards, farming and organic food production. There is no technical notice which relates to the print industry or the manufacturing industry more widely, so here we have identified and summarised just those TNs which are most relevant to our industry.
- Trading with the EU if there's no Brexit deal
- Classifying your goods in the UK trade tariff if there's no Brexit deal
- VAT for Businesses if there's no Brexit deal
- Workplace Rights if there's no Brexit deal
- Structuring your business if there's no Brexit deal
- Accessing public sector contract if there's no Brexit deal
- Existing free trade agreements if there's no Brexit deal
- Commercial road haulage in the EU if there's no Brexit deal
The BPIF is the printing industries champion. By becoming a member you join a diverse and influential community. We help you solve business problems, connect you to new customers and suppliers and make your voice heard in government.
0845 250 7050