Guidance for employers of EU staff
Last week the Government scrapped its plan to charge EU citizens a fee of £65 to secure the right to continue living in the UK. The EU Settlement Scheme is currently in a test phase and the charge of £65 applies - however this will be scrapped when the Scheme is rolled out in full. Any early birds who have already paid the fee will be able to claim a refund.
Ensuring your staff can continue to work for you after Brexit is a concern for many of you. The Home Office has launched a toolkit to help employers and their EU staff understand and apply for UK settlement. It will support you to give practical advice and reassurance to your staff from the EU.
It includes leaflets and posters for the workplace which outline the steps your staff should take to apply.
The toolkit is available from the UK Government website.
- Brexit Bulletins Catch up with all our Brexit Bulletins so far.
- Importing and Exporting All the latest information on tariffs and non-tariff barriers – if you import or export you’ll find helpful resources here.
- Northern Ireland Based in Northern Ireland, find more information here.
- No-deal scenario Leaving the EU without a deal is unlikely, but - just in case - here’s what will happen in print-relevant areas.
- Running your business Your customers may be checking their supply chains and some of you report back that you're also putting in the ground work to ensure continuity of service.
- Funding The Welsh Government has launched a £1m Brexit Resilience Fund, available to Welsh businesses, to help them adapt to the changes in a post-Brexit Welsh economy.
- Other resources Everyone’s talking about Brexit. We’ve pulled together some of the more interesting publications out there.
The BPIF is the printing industries champion. By becoming a member you join a diverse and influential community. We help you solve business problems, connect you to new customers and suppliers and make your voice heard in government.
0845 250 7050