6 February 2018 - 10am - 4pm
The Digital Academy
Interlink Way West
Commercial printers and Office Products Dealers new to the Large Format market, as well as new employees of existing Large Format printers and all colleagues from a non-production environment.
Introduction to large format market
The printing process
- Design & Preparation
Printer Types - over view of the different machines, costs, strengths / weakness, type of job, materials to available to print on for:-
- Aqueous (water based) machines
- Solvent machines
- UV ink machines
- Latex machines
- Flat bed / roll feed, print and cut machines
- What tools will you need and what are they used for.
- Hand finishing tools
Hands on demonstrations of:-
- How to print and then finish a banner - trimming - hemming - eyeleting
- How to print a canvas and then mount it - trimming - frames - stretching - fixing
- How to print and install a pop up/roller banner - trimming - base units - fixing
- How to mount prints on boards - basic vinyl application
- How to mount prints on glass
The BPIF is the printing industries champion. By becoming a member you join a diverse and influential community. We help you solve business problems, connect you to new customers and suppliers and make your voice heard in government.
Call 01924 203 335