27 July 2021
BPIF Display and POS 2 Recycling Scheme
The BPIF launches the Display & POS 2 Recycling Scheme with Prismm Environmental. With support from the *BPIF sector interest group, it was scoped the requirements companies need to abide by to exhibit high recycling standards for this sector.
This scheme is here to help companies improve and maintain their waste management and recycling. It provides a baseline and scope on requirements, support and an ongoing direction to improve environmental sustainability with the visual display and POS sectors, adhering to the following pledge and targets.
Members who achieve certification or take part in the scheme will use the logo on communications related to their Waste Management and share the pledge and targets to promote a level environmental/sustainability level.
- All waste produced has been included into the scheme to ensure accountability.
- The Waste Hierarchy, where commercially viable, has been implemented.
- Maintain records of waste collections and treatment routes used.
- Introduce and utilize media that is more widely recycled where possible.
- Promote environmental sustainability through the supply chain.
- Encourage clients to make environmentally preferable choices.
- Prismm Environmental will prepare an initial report upon acceptance into membership that outlines media usage and waste output.
- This will be reviewed annually and the changes achieved analysed, beneficial or otherwise, and include a summary.
- Recycling, Recovery and Landfill volumes will be recorded by Prismm Environmental and issued to the site monthly.
- BPIF Visual Display and POS Steering Group will receive annual Recycling, Recovery and Landfill volumes for each member site, to enable ongoing sector analysis.
*The sector interest group for Display & POS is a BPIF community that provide an industry wide network and platform to work to support, sustain and develop the sector. This group has been specifically formed to bring together like-minded businesses and individuals with support on issues which are directly affecting them on a day-to-day business. It is an opportunity to knowledge share, celebrate success and pro-actively promote the great work that is done in this sector.
- To provide a forum for companies involved in the sector.
- To provide specialist advice and services on matters affecting the sector.
- To provide the sector with platform for the sector to educate and engage with the wider sector/industry.
- To raise awareness of the issues affecting the sector.
- To promote innovation & technical advances, where they impact upon the sector.
- To provide specific members in the display and POS sector with a platform to network with likeminded individuals and companies.
- Provide education and insight to companies who are in the sector or who would like to pursue entering the sector.
If you would like to find out more information about the Display & POS 2 Recycling Scheme please contact Meeka Walwyn-Lewis at the BPIF at [email protected].
2 August 2021
Q3 improvements expected despite intense cost pressures, pings and holidays.
20 August 2021
Printing industry prepares for a future of shorter print runs and new technology, according to a Smithers expert study