The BPIF are running a one-day workshop based on Bullying and Harassment covering the following areas:
- Differences between old and new laws
- Introduction of 9 protected characteristics
- Implications for HR practitioners and managers
- Types of discrimination; direct, indirect, victimisation,
- How to identify and deal with discrimination in the workplace
- How to prevent discrimination, bullying and harassment in the workplace
- Dealing with complaints; the procedure to follow
- Case studies
Who should attend?
This certificated workshop is designed for line managers, supervisors and others with HR responsibilities.
Why should you attend?
This one day interactive training workshop will provide your line managers and supervisors with a solid understanding of the Equality Act, its features, definitions and characteristics as well as providing practical and legal advice on how to ensure compliance in your organisation.
This workshop will also provide delegates with a proactive and practical route map to dealing with discrimination in the workplace. Delegates will be invited to consider what constitutes discrimination before looking at a variety of preventative measures, legal remedies, methods of investigation along with sample complainant/witness questions and examples of correct procedure.
You will also learn ways to tackle bullying and harassment in the workplace and raise employee motivation, attendance and productivity. We will discuss practical issues such as the distinction between strong management and bullying; preventing harassment within the workplace and how to develop an effective policy.
What are the benefits of attending?
- Provide an understanding of the Equality Act
- Outline its new features, definitions and protected characteristics
- Provide practical and legal advice on compliance
- Provide guidance for managers to identify discrimination
- Engage delegates with examples and case studies
- Help management identify and deal effectively with
- Define bullying and harassment, tackle incidents of unacceptable behaviour and how to handle complaints
The cost per delegate is £99 plus VAT for BPIF members, (£149 plus VAT for non-members) and booking is on a first come, first served basis. All delegates will receive a certificate of attendance. Delegate registration on the workshop includes a buffet lunch and refreshments along with full course notes for the day. Time: 09:30-16:00 approx.
The BPIF is the printing industries champion. By becoming a member you join a diverse and influential community. We help you solve business problems, connect you to new customers and suppliers and make your voice heard in government.
0845 250 7050