The BPIF are running a one-day workshop based on Absence Management covering the following areas:
- How managers can identify an absence problem
- How to develop an effective absence management strategy
- How to spot the 'trigger points'
- How to apply effective remedies
- How to develop appropriate and practical responses to absence
- How to introduce the 'Fit for Work' scheme
- How to carry out Return to Work Interviews effectively
- Other types of absence
Who should attend?
This certificated workshop is designed for line managers, supervisors and others with HR responsibilities.
Why should you attend?
The BPIF will provide you with essential tools to reduce absence rates and minimise its impact on the business. We will help you develop an absence management strategy which will show your employees that you treat absence seriously and that they have certain responsibilities to fulfil to minimise the impact of workplace absence on your business.
You will learn how to monitor and measure the effect of absence rates and define the rights and responsibilities of both employer and employee. The workshop will provide vital guidance on how your business should act when dealing with short-term absences and also equip you with the tools and procedures to follow when dealing with longer-term absences, often due to ill health. Minor illness remains the most common cause of short-term absence, followed by musculoskeletal injuries, back pain and stress.
What are the benefits of attending?
- Provide a comprehensive toolkit for dealing with absenteeism
- Enable development of a policy and system for managing all types of staff absences
- Help improve overall attendance and productivity
- Identify absences covered by legislative protection
- Outline procedures for obtaining expert medical advice in cases of long-term ill health
- Show how to record, monitor and measure staff absences
The cost per delegate is £99 plus VAT for BPIF members, (£149 plus VAT for non-members) and booking is on a first come, first served basis. All delegates will receive a certificate of attendance. Delegate registration on the Absence Management Workshop includes a buffet lunch and refreshments along with full course notes for the day. Time: 09:30-16:00 approx.
The BPIF is the printing industries champion. By becoming a member you join a diverse and influential community. We help you solve business problems, connect you to new customers and suppliers and make your voice heard in government.
0845 250 7050