Lifting Operations and Lifting Equipment Regulations 1998
Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulation 1998
Who is the course for?
Those who operate Lift Trucks in the workplace. There are various levels of training from Novice for those with no experience, Semi Skilled for those with experience yet no formal training and Refresher/Re-assessment for experienced certificated operators.
Why take the course?
It is important that those in control of work equipment ie Fork Lift Trucks are correctly trained to competently and safely operate within the workplace.
Lift-truck operators, even those who are trained and experienced, need to be routinely monitored and, where necessary, re-tested or re-assessed to make sure they continue to operate lift trucks safely.
Regular refresher training will ensure operators:
- maintain good driving habits;
- learn new skills where appropriate;
- reassess their abilities.
There is no specific time period after which you need to provide refresher training or formal assessment. However, you may decide that automatic refresher training or a retest after a set period of time (e.g. 3-5 years) is the best way to make sure employees stay competent. Where you adopt this approach, you will still need to monitor performance in case operators need extra training before the set period ends.
What is covered on the course?
- Health and Safety Responsibilities
- Basic Principles of Stability
- Operators Safety Code and Legislation
- Pre-use Inspection Procedures
- Traction Battery Maintenance and Charging
- Manoeuvring in Restricted Areas
- Manoeuvring on Sloping Surfaces
- Laden and Unladen Pallet Handling
- Lorry Loading and Unloading Techniques
- Pallet Racking Systems and Bulk Stacking
- Final Theoretical and Practical Assessments
Novice - 3 Days
Semi Skilled - 2 Days
Refresher/Re-Assessment - 1 Day
Maximum delegate numbers apply and will be stated at the point of enquiry. Off-site courses will take place at a BPIF specified venue and are subject to availability.
- Human Resources Short Courses in Human Resources.
- Information Technology Short courses in Information Technology.
- Professional Development Awards
- Customer Services
- Introduction to Print
- Team Leader & Management Short courses in Team Leader & Management.
- Postgraduate Studies Courses in Postgraduate Studies.
- Negotiation & Persuasion Course in Negotiation & Persuasion.
The BPIF is the printing industries champion. By becoming a member you join a diverse and influential community. We help you solve business problems, connect you to new customers and suppliers and make your voice heard in government.
0845 250 7050