Who is the course for?
Anyone identified within the workplace as being suitable to take on the role of a First Aider.
Why take the course?
The above regulation places a general duty on employers to provide first aid treatment to their employees. Your first aid needs risk assessment will identify the level of first aid cover your workplace requires. Where First Aiders are appointed they must have a valid certificate of competence.
What is covered on the course?
- Understanding roles and responsibilities of a First Aider
- How to assess an incident
How to manage and assist in various emergency workplace situations including:
- Unresponsive casualties (breathing normally and not breathing normally)
- External bleeding
Minor Injuries Administer first aid to:
- Injury to bones and muscles
- Suspected head, chest and spinal injuries
- Burns and scolds
- Eye injury
- Suspected major illnesses
Duration: 3 Days
Maximum delegate numbers apply and will be stated at the point of enquiry. Off-site courses will take place at a BPIF specified venue and are subject to availability.
- Human Resources Short Courses in Human Resources.
- Information Technology Short courses in Information Technology.
- Professional Development Awards
- Customer Services
- Introduction to Print
- Team Leader & Management Short courses in Team Leader & Management.
- Postgraduate Studies Courses in Postgraduate Studies.
- Negotiation & Persuasion Course in Negotiation & Persuasion.
The BPIF is the printing industries champion. By becoming a member you join a diverse and influential community. We help you solve business problems, connect you to new customers and suppliers and make your voice heard in government.
0845 250 7050