"I enjoy learning from people who have so much experience and can pass on a wealth of knowledge."
Jonathan Taylor, Level 3 Machine printing
Gravure Level 2
Who Should Attend
This qualification is aimed at those seeking to work as a machine minder on single colour presses or second minders on multi-unit presses
The aim of the apprenticeship is to develop an individual so that they are competent in their role but they also need to know what they are doing and why. To aid this the apprentices will study a Technical Certificate, they will cover the following key areas and will be able to describe and explain them:
- Health & Safety
- Personal Development
- Industry overview
- Employment Rights & responsibilities
- Quality, including quality systems
- Understanding the main printing processes
- Contribute to equipment maintenance
- Prepare machines for gravure printing
- Operate gravure printing machines and auxiliary equipment
- Operate ink drying equipment
- Mix, dry and cure ink
- Problem solving
18 to 24 months
- Why choose an apprenticeship? Success in business means providing quality work and great customer service at a good price.
- Team Leader Ideal for those just starting out in a leadership or management role. The units will allow candidates to learn and implement the core skills needed in today’s dynamic business environment.
- Customer Service Aimed at those who want to be able to handle more difficult customers. This qualification helps to improve skills and become more involved in making improvements to the team's level of customer service.
The BPIF is the printing industries champion. By becoming a member you join a diverse and influential community. We help you solve business problems, connect you to new customers and suppliers and make your voice heard in government.