"I enjoy learning from people who have so much experience and can pass on a wealth of knowledge."
Jonathan Taylor, Level 3 Machine printing
Gravure Level 2
Who Should Attend
This qualification is aimed at those seeking to work as a machine minder on single colour presses or second minders on multi-unit presses
The aim of the apprenticeship is to develop an individual so that they are competent in their role but they also need to know what they are doing and why. To aid this the apprentices will study a Technical Certificate, they will cover the following key areas and will be able to describe and explain them:
- Health & Safety
- Personal Development
- Industry overview
- Employment Rights & responsibilities
- Quality, including quality systems
- Understanding the main printing processes
- Contribute to equipment maintenance
- Prepare machines for gravure printing
- Operate gravure printing machines and auxiliary equipment
- Operate ink drying equipment
- Mix, dry and cure ink
- Problem solving
18 to 24 months
- Apprenticeship Reform/Levy Find out how the new Apprenticeship Levy affects your business.
- Why choose an apprenticeship? Success in business means providing quality work and great customer service at a good price.
- Leadership & Management Broadly aimed at those who are responsible for the control of activities and work output of a team, and candidates should have the ability and the opportunity to demonstrate recognisable management and leadership skills.
- Team Leader Ideal for those just starting out in a leadership or management role. The units will allow candidates to learn and implement the core skills needed in today’s dynamic business environment.
- Print Technician Apprenticeship The Print Technician Apprenticeship is the new Level 3 programme apprenticeship programme for print.
- Print Administration & Planning Aimed at those working in an administrative position in the printing industry, typically in production control, planning, sales and as internal sales co-ordinators.
- Account Management & Sales Designed to provide candidates with the basic groundings needed in the following roles, print administrator, office clerk, print estimator, account manager or production coordinator.
- Design & Pre-Press Aimed at candidates who are regularly designing artwork and producing creative artwork, maintaining digital systems, running equipment and controlling output and quality.
- Customer Service Aimed at those who want to be able to handle more difficult customers. This qualification helps to improve skills and become more involved in making improvements to the team's level of customer service.
- Industry Awards and Bursaries Information on Industry Awards and Bursaries.
The BPIF is the printing industries champion. By becoming a member you join a diverse and influential community. We help you solve business problems, connect you to new customers and suppliers and make your voice heard in government.
0845 250 7050