The Institute for Apprenticeships and Technical Education (IfATE) has granted approval to the print trailblazer consortium to develop a Level 2 Print Standard.
The Level 2 Print Apprenticeship is vital for people coming into our industry, taking their first steps on a career in print, or gaining accreditation in a role which makes up a huge proportion of jobs in print.
However this will take time to develop so from 1 August 2020 we will be introducing the Level 2 Lean Manufacturing Operative Apprenticeship Standard.
The BPIF Level 2 Lean Manufacturing Course has been designed to provide an effective curriculum to develop and stretch the knowledge, skills and behaviours that are required to be an ambitious and skilled lean manufacturer.
- Why choose an apprenticeship? Success in business means providing quality work and great customer service at a good price.
- Industry Awards and Bursaries Information on Industry Awards and Bursaries.
- Apprenticeship Reform/Levy Find out how the new Apprenticeship Levy affects your business.
- Leadership & Management Broadly aimed at those who are responsible for the control of activities and work output of a team, and candidates should have the ability and the opportunity to demonstrate recognisable management and leadership skills.
- Team Leader Ideal for those just starting out in a leadership or management role. The units will allow candidates to learn and implement the core skills needed in today’s dynamic business environment.
- Print Administration & Planning Aimed at those working in an administrative position in the printing industry, typically in production control, planning, sales and as internal sales co-ordinators.
- Account Management & Sales Designed to provide candidates with the basic groundings needed in the following roles, print administrator, office clerk, print estimator, account manager or production coordinator.
- Design & Pre-Press Aimed at candidates who are regularly designing artwork and producing creative artwork, maintaining digital systems, running equipment and controlling output and quality.
- Production Aimed at those who will be working within a commercial production environment with responsibilities for the production of digital artwork or operating production equipment such as digital printing machinery, conventional printing machinery and/ or finishing equipment.
- Customer Service Aimed at those who want to be able to handle more difficult customers. This qualification helps to improve skills and become more involved in making improvements to the team's level of customer service.
- BPIF Graduation The BPIF are looking forward to welcoming this years Level 5 graduates and training award winners to Bridewell Hall for a celebration of their achievements throughout the last year.