The BPIF Display & POS 2 Recycling Scheme with Reconomy is supported by the Display & POS BPIF sector interest group, who scoped the requirements companies need to abide by to exhibit high recycling standards for this sector.
This scheme is here to help companies improve and maintain their waste management and recycling. It provides a baseline and scope on requirements, support and an ongoing direction to improve environmental sustainability with the visual display and POS sectors, adhering to the following pledge and targets.
Members who achieve certification or take part in the scheme will use the logo on communications related to their Waste Management and share the pledge and targets to promote a level environmental/sustainability level.
- All waste produced has been included into the scheme to ensure accountability.
- The Waste Hierarchy, where commercially viable, has been implemented.
- Maintain records of waste collections and treatment routes used.
- Introduce and utilize media that is more widely recycled where possible.
- Promote environmental sustainability through the supply chain.
- Encourage clients to make environmentally preferable choices.
- Prismm Environmental will prepare an initial report upon acceptance into membership that outlines media usage and waste output.
- This will be reviewed annually and the changes achieved analysed, beneficial or otherwise, and include a summary.
- Recycling, Recovery and Landfill volumes will be recorded by Reconomy and issued to the site monthly.
- BPIF Visual Display and POS Steering Group will receive annual Recycling, Recovery and Landfill volumes for each member site, to enable ongoing sector analysis.
The BPIF is the printing industries champion. By becoming a member you join a diverse and influential community. We help you solve business problems, connect you to new customers and suppliers and make your voice heard in government.
0845 250 7050