Book printing has its own unique machinery, processes, markets and resulting challenges. The group was established to work closely with UK book printers and their suppliers to educate, inform and support the UK books supply chain industry. Provide a network for likeminded people in the industry to discuss sector focused topics, standards and set best practice for the industry. Along with being a platform to promote and develop the sector whilst ensuring it remains sustainable. It also represents the interest of the sector to the UK government and through its associations with the Publishers Association.
BPIF members can join the books special interest group (SIG) for a very modest fee and access additional information, services and training events that relate more specifically to the very specialised books sector of print and packaging. The group also hold or attend social networking events including such as London Book Fair (LBF), BPIF Book Awards and various associate networking events.
The group will work to:
- Improve staff skills
- Provide up to date industry trends
- Guidance on current best practice
- Wider network of contacts
- Opportunities to meet your industry peers
- Access to UK and European industry data
The focus for 2021 is to:
- Developing SIG activity and providing members with sector data and statistics (which are no longer provided by another initiative).
- Produce an Introduction to Books course - providing newcomers to the sector with insight and educating the supply chain, like publishers.
- Engage with the supply chain and collaborate of creative projects and events.
- BPIF Labels BPIF Labels enjoys a high profile within the label industry and through its activities its members help to promote and increase the use of labels.
- BPIF Cartons BPIF Cartons is the folding carton Special Interest Group of the British Printing Industries Federation.
- CDi (Creative Digital Industries) CDi (Creative Digital Industries) exists to support and inform the creative and digital industry. Our experts are able to deliver professional advice ranging from core business services such as HR, H&S and legal, to training and marketing.
- Display & POS The Display & POS is a BPIF community that looks provide an industry wide network and platform to work to support, sustain and develop the sector.
- Technical Forum The Technical Forum is a BPIF community that looks provide an industry wide network and platform to work to support, sustain and develop the industry.
- Cyber Security Forum The Cyber Security Forum is a BPIF community that looks provide an industry wide network and platform to work to support, sustain and develop the industry.
- Environmental Forum The Environmental Forum is a BPIF community that looks provide an industry wide network and platform to work to support, sustain and develop the industry.
- School Engagement – Students in Print The BPIF forming a School Engagement Forum for a potential Students in Print initiative. The aim is to help the print, packaging and digital industry address the much publicised skills and age gap, in the industry.
The BPIF is the printing industries champion. By becoming a member you join a diverse and influential community. We help you solve business problems, connect you to new customers and suppliers and make your voice heard in government.
0845 250 7050