Apprentice19 took place on Tuesday 18 June and Wednesday 19 June 2019 at Guildhall, City of London. The Lord Mayor officially opened the event and reminded everyone that apprentices are a vital part of the UK economy, commenting that one of the great things about apprentices is that they are “Creating an agile workplace, which encourages innovation skills, so that is not just a knowledge economy, but one that is practical and looking at the crafts and capabilities not only of the historic elements but also of modern technology.”
Over 60 potential employers, together with existing apprentices, were there to tell over 2,000 students who attended the event over the two days about career options and possibilities.
The BPIF represented the printing industry and showcased the dynamic and creative world of print along with member companies, Brand IQ/N2 Visual Communications and Precision Printing. Other BPIF members exhibiting at the event were CPI Group, FE Burman, Park Communications and Paragon. Not only did we speak with students about the career opportunities that await them, but we were able to promote our industry and bring to young peoples attention, the amazing things that can be achieved through print.
The success of the event is further emphasised through quotes from some of the students who attended across the two days:
“The Careers Fair very informative, as I was able to speak to a variety of people from different industries. I had previously not thought about a career in the Printing industry, however after seeing the vast range of jobs in the sector from design to engineering, I am now going to explore career options in print. Thank you for a wonderful experience”
“It has opened my eyes to careers I had never considered.”
Bill Stirling, Director at N2 Visual Communications commented “A fantastic occasion and chance to engage with young enthusiastic people - The people of tomorrow.”
Overall, the event was a huge success and we’re already looking forward to next year!
- About the printing industry Print is everywhere! Find out more about our wonderful industry.
- Career information Websites and documents to help you better understand what a career in print can bring.
- Apprentice Voice Find out what our past and present Apprentices have to say about becoming an Apprentice in Print.
- Apprenticeship adverts The BPIF is currently advertising these vacancies via the Apprenticeship Vacancy Matching Service.
- Industry awards and bursaries Information on Industry Awards and Bursaries, including past award results.
- Curiosities of print Interesting stories about print.
- National Apprenticeship Week Information about our National Apprenticeship Week.