Inspiring the next generation of apprentices. Find out how some of the industry's brightest talents got to where they are today, all involving an apprenticeship!
It was 1989 and the security of my school days were coming to an end, it was time to start making some serious decisions about what future I wanted.
I left school aged 16 straight after my GCSEs to complete an apprenticeship in Business & Administration within a large firm of solicitors.
Apprenticeships have consistently formed a key strategy for Hobbs.
It all started in 1990, aged 18, when I met a girl whose father owned a commercial printers based in Kent.
The core skills learnt as an apprentice have stayed with me throughout my career.
Matt Heywood started a Level 3 Digital Print apprenticeship scheme at Warwick Print and excelled.
I'd advise anyone coming into the industry to learn as much as they can and understand each step of the print process and production flow.
Considering an apprenticeship in print and not sure what they are about? I'll break it down for you as honestly as I can.
The epic story of the rise of a Shropshire Apprentice.
- Why consider a career in print The BPIF is a Youth Friendly Learning Provider, meaning we understand the importance of helping young people into education and training.
- A day in the life of an apprentice See what our apprentices do in their roles day to day.
- Apprenticeship Vacancies The BPIF is currently advertising these vacancies via the Apprenticeship Vacancy Matching Service.
- Schools Print and Media Awards Information about our Schools Print and Media Awards.
- Industry at a glance Print is a great industry - it's official! And we don't just mean it's a great industry to work in either. Print plays a vitally important role in the performance of UK plc, and has huge economic significance nationally.
- National Apprenticeship Week Information about our National Apprenticeship Week.
- BPIF Apprentice Council We recognise the importance in giving the youth of the industry a voice.