Who is this suitable for
This award concentrates on the make ready and running of a multi unit web offset printing machine. It covers colour control, colour sequences as well as the identification and remedies of print faults. As all printers are required to be able to maintain their press, the candidate will learn about maintenance procedures such as planned preventative maintenance and the replacement of component parts. The operation of accelerated ink drying systems is included along with the safe usage of reel handling equipment.
There are four mandatory units:
- Control web offset lithographic printing units
- Maintain printing equipment in working order
- Control ink drying equipment
- Use reel handling equipment
Duration: 6-12 months
- Human Resources Short Courses in Human Resources.
- Information Technology Short courses in Information Technology.
- Health & Safety
- Customer Services
- Introduction to Print
- Team Leader & Management Short courses in Team Leader & Management.
- Postgraduate Studies Courses in Postgraduate Studies.
- Negotiation & Persuasion Course in Negotiation & Persuasion.
The BPIF is the printing industries champion. By becoming a member you join a diverse and influential community. We help you solve business problems, connect you to new customers and suppliers and make your voice heard in government.
0845 250 7050