Who is this suitable for
This award concentrates on the artworker/designer being able to assess technical printing issues and product requirements when the artwork design is being specified. The candidate will learn to offer correct advice to the customer to prevent subsequent problems during printing and post-printing operations.
It also includes the understanding of digital colour workflows and managing them to achieve the correct output. It also covers the separation of colours, the imposition of pages or images and the output of an image carrier. There are three mandatory units:
- Design and produce creative digital colour artwork for print
- Manage colour reproduction in digital pre-press
- Produce imposed separations for printing
Duration: 6-12 months
- Human Resources Short Courses in Human Resources.
- Information Technology Short courses in Information Technology.
- Health & Safety
- Customer Services
- Introduction to Print
- Team Leader & Management Short courses in Team Leader & Management.
- Postgraduate Studies Courses in Postgraduate Studies.
- Negotiation & Persuasion Course in Negotiation & Persuasion.
The BPIF is the printing industries champion. By becoming a member you join a diverse and influential community. We help you solve business problems, connect you to new customers and suppliers and make your voice heard in government.
0845 250 7050