"82% (of apprentices) said their apprenticeship had improved their ability to do the job and 79% said that their career prospects had improved."
Web Offset Level 3
Who Should Attend
This qualification is aimed at those who are already running multi-unit printing machines - they should be able to work without direct supervision
The aim of the apprenticeship is to develop an individual so that they are competent in their role but they also need to know what they are doing and why. To aid this the apprentices will study a Technical Certificate, they will cover the following key areas and will be able to describe and explain them:
- Health & Safety
- Personal Development
- Industry overview
- Employment Rights & responsibilities
- Quality, including quality systems
- Understanding the main printing processes
- Plan and implement machine maintenance
- Control output and quality
- Run the press
- Make the press ready
- Keep the press adjusted
24 to 36 months
- Why choose an apprenticeship? Success in business means providing quality work and great customer service at a good price.
- Team Leader Ideal for those just starting out in a leadership or management role. The units will allow candidates to learn and implement the core skills needed in today’s dynamic business environment.
- Customer Service Aimed at those who want to be able to handle more difficult customers. This qualification helps to improve skills and become more involved in making improvements to the team's level of customer service.
The BPIF is the printing industries champion. By becoming a member you join a diverse and influential community. We help you solve business problems, connect you to new customers and suppliers and make your voice heard in government.