"An apprenticeship offers the opportunity to gain both knowledge and experience which is crucial to getting a job today."
Daniel Pelly , Level 3 Machine Printing
Lithography Level 3
Who Should Attend
This qualification is aimed at those who work as a machine minders on multi colour printing presses, producing multi colour work.
The aim of an apprenticeship is to develop an individual so that they are competent in their role but they also need to know what they are doing and why. To aid this the apprentices will study a Technical Certificate and they will cover the following key areas and will be able to describe and explain them:
- Health and Safety
- Personal Development
- Industry overview
- Employment rights and responsibilities
- Quality, including quality systems
- Understanding of the main printing processes
- Fount Solutions
- Problem Solving
24 to 36 months.
- Why choose an apprenticeship? Success in business means providing quality work and great customer service at a good price.
- Team Leader Ideal for those just starting out in a leadership or management role. The units will allow candidates to learn and implement the core skills needed in today’s dynamic business environment.
- Customer Service Aimed at those who want to be able to handle more difficult customers. This qualification helps to improve skills and become more involved in making improvements to the team's level of customer service.
The BPIF is the printing industries champion. By becoming a member you join a diverse and influential community. We help you solve business problems, connect you to new customers and suppliers and make your voice heard in government.