"Every day is different and no two jobs or customers are the same."
Sophie Chuter, Level 2 Digital Printing – Production
Digital Printing (Pre-press & Artwork) Level 2
Who Should Attend
This qualification is split into three pathways - Digital printing (Printer, digital printer), digital pre-press and digital artwork (desktop publisher, graphic designer, Print designer, pre-press manager)
Level 2 is aimed at those who do not have full working knowledge of the role and is operating equipment under direct supervision, while performing basic design tasks.
The aim of the apprenticeship is to develop an individual so that they are competent in their diverse role but they also need to know what they are doing and why. To aid this the apprentices will study a Technical Certificate, they will cover the following key areas and will be able to describe and explain them:
- Health & Safety
- Personal Development
- Industry overview
- Employment Rights & responsibilities
- Problem solving
- Plan work to meet production requirements
- Capture images from specified sources
- Produce imposed separations for printing (Pre-press)
- Quality, including quality systems
- Set up and operate equipment (Guillotines, multi-knife trimmers, folding machinery etc.) under supervision
- Contribute to equipment maintenance
- Operate digital printing machines (digital printing)
18 to 24 months
- BPIF Graduation The BPIF are looking forward to welcoming this years Level 5 graduates and training award winners to Bridewell Hall for a celebration of their achievements throughout the last year.
- Why choose an apprenticeship? Success in business means providing quality work and great customer service at a good price.
- Industry Awards and Bursaries Information on Industry Awards and Bursaries.
- Apprenticeship Reform/Levy Find out how the new Apprenticeship Levy affects your business.
- Team Leader Ideal for those just starting out in a leadership or management role. The units will allow candidates to learn and implement the core skills needed in today’s dynamic business environment.
- Print Administration & Planning Aimed at those working in an administrative position in the printing industry, typically in production control, planning, sales and as internal sales co-ordinators.
- Account Management & Sales Designed to provide candidates with the basic groundings needed in the following roles, print administrator, office clerk, print estimator, account manager or production coordinator.
- Design & Pre-Press Aimed at candidates who are regularly designing artwork and producing creative artwork, maintaining digital systems, running equipment and controlling output and quality.
- Customer Service Aimed at those who want to be able to handle more difficult customers. This qualification helps to improve skills and become more involved in making improvements to the team's level of customer service.
- Lean 2 Manufacturing From 1 August 2020 we will be introducing the Level 2 Lean Manufacturing Operative Apprenticeship Standard.
The BPIF is the printing industries champion. By becoming a member you join a diverse and influential community. We help you solve business problems, connect you to new customers and suppliers and make your voice heard in government.
0845 250 7050