"The course has given me confidence to interact with management in my organisation"
Sophie Bowyer, Level 4/5 Leadership and Management
Management Level 5
Who Should Attend
The Level 5 Award in Leadership is aimed at new and aspiring middle managers seeking to develop and consolidate their leadership knowledge, skills and behaviours to get better results from their teams. It is designed to help individuals have a better understanding of themselves as leaders, and develop skills to plan and lead complex team activities.
Through industry focus groups and a BIS sponsored graduate management programme the BPIF has developed a tailored programme that meets the needs of our industry and allows individuals to achieve a qualification equivalent to a foundation degree.
Delivered through a combination of workshops, assignments and work-based evidence, key topics will include:
- Critical Thinking
- Negotiation & Persausion
- Leading Innovation and Change
- Communication and Interpersonal Skills
- Time Management
- Financial Understanding
- Decision Making and Problem Solving
Duration: 24 to 36 months
- Apprenticeship Reform/Levy Find out how the new Apprenticeship Levy affects your business.
- Why choose an apprenticeship? Success in business means providing quality work and great customer service at a good price.
- Team Leader Ideal for those just starting out in a leadership or management role. The units will allow candidates to learn and implement the core skills needed in today’s dynamic business environment.
- Print Administration & Planning Aimed at those working in an administrative position in the printing industry, typically in production control, planning, sales and as internal sales co-ordinators.
- Design & Pre-Press Aimed at candidates who are regularly designing artwork and producing creative artwork, maintaining digital systems, running equipment and controlling output and quality.
- Production Aimed at those who will be working within a commercial production environment with responsibilities for the production of digital artwork or operating production equipment such as digital printing machinery, conventional printing machinery and/ or finishing equipment.
- Warehousing Aimed at those working in a warehousing or dispatch role within the printing industry.
- Customer Service Aimed at those who want to be able to handle more difficult customers. This qualification helps to improve skills and become more involved in making improvements to the team's level of customer service.
- Account Management & Sales Designed to provide candidates with the basic groundings needed in the following roles, print administrator, office clerk, print estimator, account manager or production coordinator.
- Industry Awards and Bursaries