"Every day is different and no two jobs or customers are the same."
Sophie Chuter, Level 2 Digital Printing – Production
Digital Printing (Pre-press & Artwork) Level 3
Who Should Attend
This qualification is split into three pathways - Digital printing (Printer, digital printer), digital pre-press and digital artwork (desktop publisher, graphic designer, Print designer, pre-press manager).
The level three apprenticeship is aimed at candidates who are regularly designing artwork and who are capable of working without direct supervisions - producing creative artwork, maintaining digital systems, running equipment and controlling output and quality
The aim of the apprenticeship is to develop an individual so that they are competent in their role but they also need to know what they are doing and why. To aid this the apprentices will study a Technical Certificate, they will cover the following key areas and will be able to describe and explain them:
- Health & Safety
- Personal Development
- Industry overview
- Employment Rights & responsibilities
- Quality, including quality systems
- Proofing / Control output and quality
- Operate digital printing machines
- Manage colour reproduction
- Understanding the main printing processes
- Plan work to meet production requirements
- Send/receive digital files
- Plan and capture digital images
- Maintain digital systems in working order
- Design and produce creative digital colour artwork for print
- Prepare/create digital colour artwork for print
- Prepare stencils
- Make plates for lithographic printing
- Improve individual and organisational performance
24 to 36 months
- Apprenticeship Reform/Levy Find out how the new Apprenticeship Levy affects your business.
- Why choose an apprenticeship? Success in business means providing quality work and great customer service at a good price.
- Leadership & Management Broadly aimed at those who are responsible for the control of activities and work output of a team, and candidates should have the ability and the opportunity to demonstrate recognisable management and leadership skills.
- Team Leader Ideal for those just starting out in a leadership or management role. The units will allow candidates to learn and implement the core skills needed in today’s dynamic business environment.
- Print Technician Apprenticeship The Print Technician Apprenticeship is the new Level 3 programme apprenticeship programme for print.
- Print Administration & Planning Aimed at those working in an administrative position in the printing industry, typically in production control, planning, sales and as internal sales co-ordinators.
- Account Management & Sales Designed to provide candidates with the basic groundings needed in the following roles, print administrator, office clerk, print estimator, account manager or production coordinator.
- Production Aimed at those who will be working within a commercial production environment with responsibilities for the production of digital artwork or operating production equipment such as digital printing machinery, conventional printing machinery and/ or finishing equipment.
- Customer Service Aimed at those who want to be able to handle more difficult customers. This qualification helps to improve skills and become more involved in making improvements to the team's level of customer service.
- Industry Awards and Bursaries Information on Industry Awards and Bursaries.