From the 1st of May 2017 the funding rules for all apprenticeship training in England changes. All apprentices that have been signed up prior to this date will continue to be funded under the existing rules.
English & Maths funded by government
- £1000 for apprentice 16-18 years old
- Paid via provider
- Two instalments at 90 days and 365 days
- Employers < 50 employees and apprentice 16-18, training will be fully funded by government
- Apprentice Grant for Employers (AGE grant) continues to July 2017
Government has published new maximum rates for both frameworks and standards
Note: Rates can be found at the link below
- Apprenticeship Levy - the Basics Government state that from April 2017, all employers operating in the UK, with a pay bill of over £3m each year will be required to contribute to a new apprenticeship levy of 0.5%.
- Apprenticeship Reform Webinar BPIF Programme Director, Ursula Daly, guides viewers through changes to apprenticeships including the Apprenticeship Levy, Funding, Standards and Trailblazers.
- Trailblazers A trailblazer is a new apprenticeship standard which is designed by employers.
- Frequently Asked Questions requently Asked Questions about the Apprenticeship Levy/Reform.
The BPIF is the printing industries champion. By becoming a member you join a diverse and influential community. We help you solve business problems, connect you to new customers and suppliers and make your voice heard in government.
0845 250 7050