"Taking an apprenticeship in administration has allowed me to develop myself more than I ever thought I could."
Oliver Willows, Apprentice Administrator BPIF
Business Administration Level 2
Who Should Attend
This Level 2 qualification will suit those in a junior role and will help develop skills to become a future team leader or business manager. The candidate will need practical knowledge of more complex administrative support, perhaps supporting meetings and events or retrieving information. This qualification helps to improve skills and become more involved in making improvements to the Business Administration
The aim of the apprenticeship is to develop an individual so that they are competent in their role, but they also need to know what they are doing and why. To aid this the apprentices will study a Technical Certificate, they will cover the following key areas and will be able to describe and explain them:
- Health & Safety
- Personal Development
- Industry overview
- Employment Rights & responsibilities
- Problem solving
- Working in a business environment
- Communicating in a business environment
- Manage own development in a business environment
18 to 24 months
- Apprenticeship Reform/Levy Find out how the new Apprenticeship Levy affects your business.
- Why choose an apprenticeship? Success in business means providing quality work and great customer service at a good price.
- Leadership & Management Broadly aimed at those who are responsible for the control of activities and work output of a team, and candidates should have the ability and the opportunity to demonstrate recognisable management and leadership skills.
- Team Leader Ideal for those just starting out in a leadership or management role. The units will allow candidates to learn and implement the core skills needed in today’s dynamic business environment.
- Print Technician Apprenticeship The Print Technician Apprenticeship is the new Level 3 programme apprenticeship programme for print.
- Print Administration & Planning Aimed at those working in an administrative position in the printing industry, typically in production control, planning, sales and as internal sales co-ordinators.
- Design & Pre-Press Aimed at candidates who are regularly designing artwork and producing creative artwork, maintaining digital systems, running equipment and controlling output and quality.
- Production Aimed at those who will be working within a commercial production environment with responsibilities for the production of digital artwork or operating production equipment such as digital printing machinery, conventional printing machinery and/ or finishing equipment.
- Customer Service Aimed at those who want to be able to handle more difficult customers. This qualification helps to improve skills and become more involved in making improvements to the team's level of customer service.
- Industry Awards and Bursaries Information on Industry Awards and Bursaries.
- Lean 2 Manufacturing From 1 August 2020 we will be introducing the Level 2 Lean Manufacturing Operative Apprenticeship Standard.
The BPIF is the printing industries champion. By becoming a member you join a diverse and influential community. We help you solve business problems, connect you to new customers and suppliers and make your voice heard in government.
Call 0845 250 7050