"82% (of apprentices) said their apprenticeship had improved their ability to do the job and 79% said that their career prospects had improved."
Print Administration Level 3
Who Should Attend
This Level 3 qualification is aimed at those with a robust knowledge of Print Administration, and who require minimal supervision undertaking associated tasks. Designed to provide candidates the basic groundings needed in the following roles; print administrator, office clerk, print estimator, account manager or production coordinator.
Provides the knowledge for candidates to continue working closely with customers and have well-developed knowledge of the organisation worked for and the Print Industry. On successful completion, candidates will gain an internationally recognised qualification that guarantees that they have the skills, knowledge and abilities required to carry out their role successfully.
- Ensure your own actions reduce risks to health and safety in the workplace
- Improve individual and organisational performance
- Send and Receive Digital Files Spreadsheet software
- Produce estimates from customer requirements
- Prepare job cost information and produce invoices
- Agree job specification and prepare production schedules
- Control Production
- Purchase materials and services for production
- Service customer accounts
- Review print production costs and prepare invoices
- Choose supplies and suppliers for your business
- Understanding Internal and External Supply Chains
- Database Software
- Monitor organisational quality systems in printing
- Understanding of the Company Standard Operating Procedures and how to develop them
- Produce print estimates from Price Lists
- Handling objections, negotiating and closing sales
- Maintain and archive print records
- Meeting customers after sales needs
- Preparing and delivering a sales presentation
- Pre-flight digital files
24 -36 months
- Apprenticeship Reform/Levy Find out how the new Apprenticeship Levy affects your business.
- Why choose an apprenticeship? Success in business means providing quality work and great customer service at a good price.
- Leadership & Management Broadly aimed at those who are responsible for the control of activities and work output of a team, and candidates should have the ability and the opportunity to demonstrate recognisable management and leadership skills.
- Team Leader Ideal for those just starting out in a leadership or management role. The units will allow candidates to learn and implement the core skills needed in today’s dynamic business environment.
- Print Administration & Planning Aimed at those working in an administrative position in the printing industry, typically in production control, planning, sales and as internal sales co-ordinators.
- Design & Pre-Press Aimed at candidates who are regularly designing artwork and producing creative artwork, maintaining digital systems, running equipment and controlling output and quality.
- Production Aimed at those who will be working within a commercial production environment with responsibilities for the production of digital artwork or operating production equipment such as digital printing machinery, conventional printing machinery and/ or finishing equipment.
- Warehousing Aimed at those working in a warehousing or dispatch role within the printing industry.
- Customer Service Aimed at those who want to be able to handle more difficult customers. This qualification helps to improve skills and become more involved in making improvements to the team's level of customer service.
- Industry Awards and Bursaries
The BPIF is the printing industries champion. By becoming a member you join a diverse and influential community. We help you solve business problems, connect you to new customers and suppliers and make your voice heard in government.
Call 01924 203 335