MANAGEMENT INFORMATION SYSTEM (MIS) SUPPORT
How can you be sure your MIS investment is best suited to your business? How do you make sure that you can maximise the benefits from it to drive increased profitability?
Most printers use their MIS to automate administration, such as estimating, job bags etc. but few have realised the potential of the information contained to analyse and hence drive the business forward to greater profitability.
We can provide expert assistance and advice on your MIS investment decisions and on how to make the most from your MIS. An MIS can become the central ‘knowledge bank' of the business as well as the repository of the company standards. Only by measuring sales and production activity can managers begin to take control of the business.
A project can also deliver an overall methodology for continuous review of your MIS and its use; to reduce costs and improve ways of working, to ensure that the business continues to drive maximum value out of its MIS investment.What is involved:
- Optimise your costing systems
- Take MIS beyond estimating
- Streamline sales order processing
- Automate inventory control of raw materials and finished goods to minimise stock and Work In Progress (WIP)
- Cut costs through identifying and eliminating areas of wastage in process and materials
- Train your staff, customers and suppliers to deliver maximum impact from your system
- Measure customer service levels and raise standards
- Accurate calculation of cost rates
- Know where your profits and losses are made
- Correctly specify features and functionality needed to deliver your objectives
- Build a system to measure manufacturing efficiency
- Define the essential information managers need to manage
- Optimise efficiency of administrative processes to save costs
- Highlight areas for cost reduction and improved margins
- Improve customer and supplier relations
- Help manage the supplier selection process
- Install and implement the MIS, embedding its value throughout the organisation
- Dispute Resolution and Expert Witness Commercial disputes are not uncommon. Mostly they are resolved by mutual negotiation between the parties, but not always. From time to time, intractable disputes arise in the printing and packaging industries.
- In-Plant Design & Print Unit Reviews Information is the life-blood of every printing business - and even more so if your clients have entrusted their valuable data to you.
- Digital Business Development Digital printing is the fastest growing and most active sector in the printing industry. Many companies are considering investing in, or have already purchased, digital print equipment either as a stand-alone investment or to complement existing litho equipment.
- Colour Management Support The BPIF are on hand to support you in installing a colour management and workflow system that provides proven standards of optimum performance at each stage from the reception of data through to the final printed image,ensuring high quality for your customers.
- Workflow and Pre-Press Reviews The BPIF provides a pre-press and workflow review which identifies how your company currently operates and helps construct a strategy for the future.