Does your print unit need a thorough review? Do you want to grow and develop your range of services and customers? Or is your design and print unit under threat, in danger of being outsourced to an FM service? Do you need to make a business case for investment?
The BPIF's in-plant service is designed to thoroughly review and to help validate the effectiveness of an in-plant operation so that organisations know how to harness and leverage the potential of their in-plant and so are able to maximum its contribution and customer satisfaction levels.
Internal design and print resources are often seen as a cost burden rather than an essential, value-adding profit centre, making a positive contribution to an organisation's service level and development.
Without a clear and convincing business review that benchmarks performance and capability against other external options, an in-house print operation can be under continuous threat of outsourcing. Since outsourcing decisions are based on the assumption of inefficiencies within the existing system, a strategic review of an in-plant operation can help maximise productivity and deliver positive cost and service benefits to your organisation as well as providing framework for performance measurement and structured change in a competitive context.
Our in-plant review service can help:
- define what an in-house print unit is really for and capable of
- evolve a strategy that is realisable and profitable
- provide Best Value service to the whole organisation
- identify significant cost-savings
- help to develop plans to expand existing services to meet future demands
- establish key performance indicators and measurement tools
- improve individual and team motivation and performance
- analyse and improve the organisation's overall print buying process
- increase productivity and reduce downtime
- provide marketing direction and sales support
- validate and increase print quality standards
- shape compelling investment plans