Commercial disputes are not uncommon. Mostly they are resolved by mutual negotiation between the parties, but not always. From time to time, intractable disputes arise in the printing and packaging industries. Usually these relate to print quality or problems with equipment or software - and they can be costly if the dispute has to be settled in court.
Finding yourself in the middle of a difficult dispute can seem like a printer's or packager's worst nightmare - which is why we provide a comprehensive Dispute Resolution Service. Our print and packaging specialists have extensive experience in providing a range of support, depending on the circumstances of the dispute. These include short reviews and reports, single party assessments, single joint expert reports, expert witness reports and facilitation. The BPIF also offers mediation if necessary.
All are designed to offer a quick resolution and avoid costly legal proceedings.
- Offers an independent and reputable service
- Aims to avoid costly legal proceedings
- Provides experienced experts familiar with all printing production processes
- Offers a choice of types and levels of service to suit the dispute
- Aims to settle disputes quickly and cost effectively
- A complete range of services
- Short reviews and reports - providing an expert view to enable a printer or packager, print buyer or supplier, to verify
- Single party assessments - offering a full assessment of the dispute, which may include on-site inspection of products
- Single joint party expert reports - enables a joint agreement between the parties to avoid court action
- Expert witness reports - intended for use in a court action
- Facilitation - involving setting up a meeting on neutral territory to enable the parties to discuss possible resolutions
- Mediation services are also available
- In-Plant Design & Print Unit Reviews Information is the life-blood of every printing business - and even more so if your clients have entrusted their valuable data to you.
- Management Information System (MIS) Support How can you be sure your MIS investment is best suited to your business? How do you make sure that you can maximise the benefits from it to drive increased profitability?
- Workflow and Pre-Press Reviews The BPIF provides a pre-press and workflow review which identifies how your company currently operates and helps construct a strategy for the future.
- Digital Business Development Digital printing is the fastest growing and most active sector in the printing industry. Many companies are considering investing in, or have already purchased, digital print equipment either as a stand-alone investment or to complement existing litho equipment.
- Colour Management Support The BPIF are on hand to support you in installing a colour management and workflow system that provides proven standards of optimum performance at each stage from the reception of data through to the final printed image,ensuring high quality for your customers.
The BPIF is the printing industries champion. By becoming a member you join a diverse and influential community. We help you solve business problems, connect you to new customers and suppliers and make your voice heard in government.
0845 250 7050