Eliminating machine downtime and unscheduled maintenance is one of the most important tasks for busy printers. Ever increasing pressure on deadlines means that there is never a good time for a breakdown on any of your key equipment and yet essential maintenance is often squeezed by production pressures.
Teaching your operators how to practice Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) will raise uptime for your presses and equipment, improve the quality of your products and services as well as enhancing your operators' skills, value and pride in their work. You will also save money since you won't need to call out the engineer as often.
- Reduces downtime
- Puts you in control of your machine availability
- Boosts operator motivation and productivity by being operator-led
- Underscores the importance of maintenance to all employees
- Enhances skills and knowledge throughout your staff
- Reduces the burden on expensive engineering resources
- Increases competitiveness by reducing the cost of doing business
- Maximises savings and boosts profits
A Vision in Print improvement engineer will teach a team of your key staff, both operational & engineering, to conduct lean focused maintenance. By doing it with them, the engineer helps the team gain an understanding of the importance of preventive maintenance and Asset Care systems.
The introduction of compliance measures shows the team how sustainable improvements are and ensures buy-in and accountability for maintenance tasks going forward. The simple to follow concepts and practices shown by the engineer mean that maintenance can be spread within the workforce. Each programme is tailored to suit your exact requirements depending on the complexity of the machinery selected.
Vision in Print teaches your operators how to undertake preventive maintenance of even the most complex pieces of kit so that downtime is minimised and service levels maintained. The ViP 'Clean, Inspect, Lubricate' regime should minimise 75% of all your machine breakdowns.
- Productivity Healthcheck Printers are under increasing pressure to deliver higher quality products, at competitive prices, yet with ever-faster turnarounds.
- Materials Waste Reduction A ViP Materials Waste Reduction programme examines strategies that can save up to 5% off material spend, whether paper, board or film.
- 5C/5S Workplace Organisation Implement 5C/5S workplace organisation techniques into your business to improve safety, productivity and customer perception using visual techniques to ensure sustainability.
- Admin and Workflow (Process) Streamlining Companies who take part in this course learn how to streamline their information flow making the entire job from enquiry to delivery, a smoother, more productive and profitable process.
- Booster Booster is a programme focussed on further process improvement within your business, helping you meet the continuing challenge of delivering excellence in print quality, against a backdrop of shorter lead times and tighter margins.
- Masterclass Masterclass is our two-week flagship programme, specially designed for companies with over 100 employees, be they commercial, newspaper or packaging printers.
- Masterclass Lite Masterclass Lite is a scaled down version of our flagship Masterclass programme, and has been specifically tailored for smaller printing companies regardless of sector.
- Kickstart During Kickstart, your staff will learn techniques that have been proven to improve productivity in the print industry and beyond, through tutorials and practical participation.
- Modular Improvement Programme Modular Improvement Plan is tailor made for all UK printers that employ 25 members of staff or less, who are keen to raise productivity and streamline workflows.
- Operations Assessment A unique business diagnostic designed specifically to help suppliers identify how to save costs and improve productivity and competitiveness.
- Environmental Diagnostic The Environmental Diagnostic is a tool for rapidly gauging the environmental credentials of your business and realising tangible financial benefits from improving environmental efficiency.
- Press Productivity Improvement A Press Productivity Improvement Programme builds upon your business’ priority areas, as identified in an Operations Assessment.
The BPIF is the printing industries champion. By becoming a member you join a diverse and influential community. We help you solve business problems, connect you to new customers and suppliers and make your voice heard in government.
0845 250 7050