Printers are under increasing pressure to deliver higher quality products, at competitive prices, yet with ever-faster turnarounds.
In order to do this they need not only to make the most of their existing hardware, but also optimise their information management, operational processes, and staff to deliver profitable performance.
The BPIF Productivity Healthcheck is a short, sharp look at your operations. Applicable to companies of all sizes, it gives a rapid assessment of the key factors affecting productivity, and the potential for improvement including a state of readiness to move forward. Companies involved in subsequent improvement programmes have made dramatic process improvements.
The Productivity Healthcheck helps to investigate, evaluate, and measure 9 key areas of manufacturing. The result is a deeper understanding of key issues, problem areas, and potential solutions. These 9 key areas are:-
The Healthcheck comprises a questionnaire with 3 questions for each area and multiple-choice answers. A scoring worksheet totals the score for each section and provides an overall Index.
- Operational diagnostic for your business scored against 9 key areas
- Highlights strengths and weaknesses in operational performance
- Specific practical recommendations on how to build operational competitiveness
- An [annual] review of company progress towards Best Practice/Seal of Excellence
- Immediate feedback
- Often reveals huge hidden potential for productivity improvements
- Rapid ROI from subsequent ViP programmes to address highlighted issues
- Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) Eliminating machine downtime and unscheduled maintenance is one of the most important tasks for busy printers.
- Materials Waste Reduction A ViP Materials Waste Reduction programme examines strategies that can save up to 5% off material spend, whether paper, board or film.
- 5C/5S Workplace Organisation Implement 5C/5S workplace organisation techniques into your business to improve safety, productivity and customer perception using visual techniques to ensure sustainability.
- Admin and Workflow (Process) Streamlining Companies who take part in this course learn how to streamline their information flow making the entire job from enquiry to delivery, a smoother, more productive and profitable process.
- Booster Booster is a programme focussed on further process improvement within your business, helping you meet the continuing challenge of delivering excellence in print quality, against a backdrop of shorter lead times and tighter margins.
- Masterclass Masterclass is our two-week flagship programme, specially designed for companies with over 100 employees, be they commercial, newspaper or packaging printers.
- Masterclass Lite Masterclass Lite is a scaled down version of our flagship Masterclass programme, and has been specifically tailored for smaller printing companies regardless of sector.
- Kickstart During Kickstart, your staff will learn techniques that have been proven to improve productivity in the print industry and beyond, through tutorials and practical participation.
- Modular Improvement Programme Modular Improvement Plan is tailor made for all UK printers that employ 25 members of staff or less, who are keen to raise productivity and streamline workflows.
- Operations Assessment A unique business diagnostic designed specifically to help suppliers identify how to save costs and improve productivity and competitiveness.
- Environmental Diagnostic The Environmental Diagnostic is a tool for rapidly gauging the environmental credentials of your business and realising tangible financial benefits from improving environmental efficiency.
- Press Productivity Improvement A Press Productivity Improvement Programme builds upon your business’ priority areas, as identified in an Operations Assessment.
The BPIF is the printing industries champion. By becoming a member you join a diverse and influential community. We help you solve business problems, connect you to new customers and suppliers and make your voice heard in government.
0845 250 7050