A unique business diagnostic designed specifically to help suppliers identify how to save costs and improve productivity and competitiveness.
Operations Assessment is a short, sharp look at your operations. Applicable to companies of all sizes, it gives a rapid assessment of the potential for improvement and state of readiness to move forward. Companies involved in subsequent improvement programmes have made dramatic process improvements.
- Immediate feedback
- Often reveals huge hidden potential for productivity improvements
- Rapid ROI from subsequent ViP programmes to address highlighted issues
- Average tenfold cost benefit in terms of increased added value from subsequent ViP programmes
- Hands-on, simple-to-learn approach inspires culture of continuous improvement
Operations Assessment not only identifies opportunities for fast cost savings, but also provides the gateway into fresh ways of working that will have a sustainable impact.
The Operations Assessment takes one day for companies up to 50 employees and two days for larger companies. Once complete, the findings become your roadmap to saving costs and improving productivity and competitiveness.
During the assessment, ViP engineers map the current status of processes in your business by tracking a typical product through your plant. This mapping process provides a highly visual representation of your value chain, identifying information flows and resources used.
Speaking to key staff across all departments and using a hands-on, simple approach and analysis techniques developed from world-class manufacturing experience, Operations Assessment compares your business with Best Practice in the manufacturing industry for increased efficiency, profitability and productivity. You will receive a high-level process map identifying areas where improvements would have most impact and also the company is scored against 14 operations best practice management criteria. The findings provide objective feedback on which to base your plan for enhanced productivity and competitiveness.
From this model, it is possible to identify workflow issues that need to be addressed, as well as identifying important areas of waste that can be tackled.
At the end of the programme, our observations and findings are summarized as follows:
- A qualitative business audit based on ViP's model of 'Best Practice' in print
- A quantification of how your business is managed, including culture, organization and control
- A review of your company's readiness for improvement.
- Productivity Healthcheck Printers are under increasing pressure to deliver higher quality products, at competitive prices, yet with ever-faster turnarounds.
- Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) Eliminating machine downtime and unscheduled maintenance is one of the most important tasks for busy printers.
- Materials Waste Reduction A ViP Materials Waste Reduction programme examines strategies that can save up to 5% off material spend, whether paper, board or film.
- 5C/5S Workplace Organisation Implement 5C/5S workplace organisation techniques into your business to improve safety, productivity and customer perception using visual techniques to ensure sustainability.
- Admin and Workflow (Process) Streamlining Companies who take part in this course learn how to streamline their information flow making the entire job from enquiry to delivery, a smoother, more productive and profitable process.
- Booster Booster is a programme focussed on further process improvement within your business, helping you meet the continuing challenge of delivering excellence in print quality, against a backdrop of shorter lead times and tighter margins.
- Masterclass Masterclass is our two-week flagship programme, specially designed for companies with over 100 employees, be they commercial, newspaper or packaging printers.
- Masterclass Lite Masterclass Lite is a scaled down version of our flagship Masterclass programme, and has been specifically tailored for smaller printing companies regardless of sector.
- Kickstart During Kickstart, your staff will learn techniques that have been proven to improve productivity in the print industry and beyond, through tutorials and practical participation.
- Modular Improvement Programme Modular Improvement Plan is tailor made for all UK printers that employ 25 members of staff or less, who are keen to raise productivity and streamline workflows.
- Environmental Diagnostic The Environmental Diagnostic is a tool for rapidly gauging the environmental credentials of your business and realising tangible financial benefits from improving environmental efficiency.
- Press Productivity Improvement A Press Productivity Improvement Programme builds upon your business’ priority areas, as identified in an Operations Assessment.
The BPIF is the printing industries champion. By becoming a member you join a diverse and influential community. We help you solve business problems, connect you to new customers and suppliers and make your voice heard in government.
0845 250 7050