Few sales ordering processing cycles are planned. They just evolve over the years. MIS installations, the arrival of JDF's etc. necessitate changes but few companies have the opportunity, skills or confidence to stand back and identify how things should operate, let alone how to make the change from current practice to good practice. Change Cycle is that opportunity.
Companies who take part in this course learn how to streamline their information flow ensuring less time is wasted following ineffective processes, making the entire job workflow, from enquiry to delivery, a smoother, more productive and profitable process.
Companies that have addressed inefficiencies in areas such as estimating, ordering, planning, artwork, delivery and invoicing have experienced benefits such as:
- 50% reduction in estimating lead times
- 35% increased customer service capacity with no additional staff
This course focuses on targeting problem areas and applying smarter working practices. Backed up by the implementation of Best Practice, your staff can raise your company's standards to the best in industry.
The programme takes place in three phases, with a total commitment of only five days of your team's time. Three big exercises occur. First to envisage the ideal 'future state' process - designing from scratch. Then drawing up current practice with all its complexities. Last designing a phased implementation timetable to bridge the gap realistically and with confidence.
"Office and Prepress Change Cycle provided us with an understandable, easy to implement method of formalizing and simplifying our information flow process."
John Moore, Customer Service Manager, Boxpak
The course is very much a hands-on experience, with the team highlighting problem areas, setting objectives and putting their new skills into practice during a three-day workshop.
During this time the ViP engineer guides the proceedings, through the use of visual aids, introducing Best Practice theory and familiarizing the delegates with the essential tools and techniques which help them to not only establish baseline measurements, tangible objectives and realistic timescales for change, but will be essential for creating a culture of continuous improvement once he has left.
Office and Prepress Change Cycle: Long-term benefits
"It's good for our customers to see we are serious about improvement."
George Thomas, Oxford University Press
Printers who have realised that their operations can benefit from a focus on customer service, and have successfully completed the course, have benefited not only from efficiency improvements, but have found that it has helped each team member to understand the value of their role within the company.
The coaching is done is such a way that breeds enthusiasm for the process, demonstrating that improving working practices is not just the responsibility of senior management, and empowering them to seek to continuously improve their working processes, procedures and environment.
Through teaching your team repeatable new skills, they will be able to pass on their knowledge and competencies to other areas within the company, and further impact on your business's bottom line profit.
- Productivity Healthcheck Printers are under increasing pressure to deliver higher quality products, at competitive prices, yet with ever-faster turnarounds.
- Lean Focused Maintenance Eliminating machine downtime and unscheduled maintenance is one of the most important tasks for busy printers.
- Materials Waste Reduction A ViP Materials Waste Reduction programme examines strategies that can save up to 5% off material spend, whether paper, board or film.
- 5'C' Roll-out Implement 5C/5S workplace organisation techniques into your business to improve safety, productivity and customer perception using visual techniques to ensure sustainability.
- Booster Booster is a programme focussed on further process improvement within your business, helping you meet the continuing challenge of delivering excellence in print quality, against a backdrop of shorter lead times and tighter margins.
- Masterclass Masterclass is our two-week flagship programme, specially designed for companies with over 100 employees, be they commercial, newspaper or packaging printers.
- Masterclass Lite Masterclass Lite is a scaled down version of our flagship Masterclass programme, and has been specifically tailored for smaller printing companies regardless of sector.
- Kickstart During Kickstart, your staff will learn techniques that have been proven to improve productivity in the print industry and beyond, through tutorials and practical participation.
- Modular Improvement Programme Modular Improvement Plan is tailor made for all UK printers that employ 25 members of staff or less, who are keen to raise productivity and streamline workflows.
- Operations Assessment A unique business diagnostic designed specifically to help suppliers identify how to save costs and improve productivity and competitiveness.
- Environmental Diagnostic The Environmental Diagnostic is a tool for rapidly gauging the environmental credentials of your business and realising tangible financial benefits from improving environmental efficiency.
The BPIF is the printing industries champion. By becoming a member you join a diverse and influential community. We help you solve business problems, connect you to new customers and suppliers and make your voice heard in government.
0845 250 7050