Modular Improvement Plan is tailor made for all UK printers that employ 25 members of staff or less, who are keen to raise productivity and streamline workflows.
Despite raw material price increases, tax hikes, wage increases etc., most printers continue to face falling prices. Margins are under severe pressure yet for small printers the problem is to find the time to make changes for the better.
The objective of Vision in Print's five day Modular Improvement Programme is to implement strong but simple process improvement but in a series of one or two day modules so that companies can afford to release the staff to tackle such challenges.
Spread across a three-month period, with a 'pick-and-mix' format companies choose the key topics to tackle from key performance measures and machine efficiency to production planning and layout improvement.
By using our tried and tested Best Practice tools and techniques, some of the benefits your company can expect include:
- Real cost savings realised quickly
- Specifically designed for printers with less than 25 staff
- Initial diagnostic defines which topic areas to focus on
- Increased operational effectiveness in areas that matter to you
- Modular structure minimises impact on your cash-flow and resources
- Employees learn problem solving techniques that increase their effectiveness
- Profits boosted
- Productivity Healthcheck Printers are under increasing pressure to deliver higher quality products, at competitive prices, yet with ever-faster turnarounds.
- Lean Focused Maintenance Eliminating machine downtime and unscheduled maintenance is one of the most important tasks for busy printers.
- Materials Waste Reduction A ViP Materials Waste Reduction programme examines strategies that can save up to 5% off material spend, whether paper, board or film.
- 5'C' Roll-out Implement 5C/5S workplace organisation techniques into your business to improve safety, productivity and customer perception using visual techniques to ensure sustainability.
- Office and Prepress Change Cycle Companies who take part in this course learn how to streamline their information flow making the entire job from enquiry to delivery, a smoother, more productive and profitable process.
- Booster Booster is a programme focussed on further process improvement within your business, helping you meet the continuing challenge of delivering excellence in print quality, against a backdrop of shorter lead times and tighter margins.
- Masterclass Masterclass is our two-week flagship programme, specially designed for companies with over 100 employees, be they commercial, newspaper or packaging printers.
- Masterclass Lite Masterclass Lite is a scaled down version of our flagship Masterclass programme, and has been specifically tailored for smaller printing companies regardless of sector.
- Kickstart During Kickstart, your staff will learn techniques that have been proven to improve productivity in the print industry and beyond, through tutorials and practical participation.
- Operations Assessment A unique business diagnostic designed specifically to help suppliers identify how to save costs and improve productivity and competitiveness.
- Environmental Diagnostic The Environmental Diagnostic is a tool for rapidly gauging the environmental credentials of your business and realising tangible financial benefits from improving environmental efficiency.
The BPIF is the printing industries champion. By becoming a member you join a diverse and influential community. We help you solve business problems, connect you to new customers and suppliers and make your voice heard in government.
0845 250 7050