Masterclass Lite is a scaled down version of our flagship Masterclass programme, and has been specifically tailored for smaller printing companies regardless of sector.
Masterclass Lite can dramatically change the way your business works forever, creating the culture of continuous improvement that your company needs in order to flourish.
Depending on the problem tackled, the savings made from participating in a Masterclass Lite programme equate typically to between a ten-fold and fifteen-fold return on investment in the first year.
Masterclass Lite - The Benefits
By using our tried and tested Best Practice tools and techniques, some of the benefits your company can expect include:
- Reduced downtime
- A significant decrease in waste
- Faster makeready times
- Greater flexibility
- Faster response to customer needs
- The creation of a 'spirit of teamwork' and an environment that's easier to work in.
The aim of Masterclass Lite is to build on the clear priorities identified by our Operational Diagnostics to raise your company's standards to the best in the industry.
- Clearout - The removal of unnecessary materials
- Clean and check - Cleaning all remaining equipment and repairing if needed
- Configuration - Using visual aids, such as shadow boards, to help ensure that all equipment is accessible and easily found
- Conformity - Development of sustainable organisation and cleanliness standards
- Custom and Practice - Communicating the new standards and procedures across the company, guaranteeing long-term benefits
- Recognising the key wastes and understanding waste analysis thereby spotting clear opportunities for cost reduction
- Standardising operations to ensure consistency and sustainability. This also forms a stable base upon which to build agreed improvements.
- Using structured techniques to solve a problem revolving around a Plan, Do, Check, Act process.
- Gathering productivity statistics, and identifying Key Performance Indictors - a set of predetermined standards against which to measure progress.
The programme takes 12 days of your team's time but is spread over several months. The comprehensive programme includes a two-day pre-diagnostic/management awareness training, a three-day diagnostic, a four-day workshop and two follow up days as well as prep and check-up days.
During this time, ViP engineers will coach your cross-functional team of up to six people - normally comprising a mix of management and shop floor personnel - in using Best Practice tools and techniques from the print industry and others.
These tools and techniques, aimed specifically at the areas that really matter to your business, and taught in a hands-on approach, include:
"For us, the Masterclass Lite Programme at Thanet Press was an ideal opportunity to look objectively at what we currently do, and using proven tools and techniques to do it better."
Peter Yates, The Baird Group.
- Productivity Healthcheck Printers are under increasing pressure to deliver higher quality products, at competitive prices, yet with ever-faster turnarounds.
- Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) Eliminating machine downtime and unscheduled maintenance is one of the most important tasks for busy printers.
- Materials Waste Reduction A ViP Materials Waste Reduction programme examines strategies that can save up to 5% off material spend, whether paper, board or film.
- 5C/5S Workplace Organisation Implement 5C/5S workplace organisation techniques into your business to improve safety, productivity and customer perception using visual techniques to ensure sustainability.
- Admin and Workflow (Process) Streamlining Companies who take part in this course learn how to streamline their information flow making the entire job from enquiry to delivery, a smoother, more productive and profitable process.
- Booster Booster is a programme focussed on further process improvement within your business, helping you meet the continuing challenge of delivering excellence in print quality, against a backdrop of shorter lead times and tighter margins.
- Masterclass Masterclass is our two-week flagship programme, specially designed for companies with over 100 employees, be they commercial, newspaper or packaging printers.
- Kickstart During Kickstart, your staff will learn techniques that have been proven to improve productivity in the print industry and beyond, through tutorials and practical participation.
- Modular Improvement Programme Modular Improvement Plan is tailor made for all UK printers that employ 25 members of staff or less, who are keen to raise productivity and streamline workflows.
- Operations Assessment A unique business diagnostic designed specifically to help suppliers identify how to save costs and improve productivity and competitiveness.
- Environmental Diagnostic The Environmental Diagnostic is a tool for rapidly gauging the environmental credentials of your business and realising tangible financial benefits from improving environmental efficiency.
- Press Productivity Improvement A Press Productivity Improvement Programme builds upon your business’ priority areas, as identified in an Operations Assessment.
The BPIF is the printing industries champion. By becoming a member you join a diverse and influential community. We help you solve business problems, connect you to new customers and suppliers and make your voice heard in government.
0845 250 7050