The Environmental Diagnostic is a tool for rapidly gauging the environmental credentials of your business and realising tangible financial benefits from improving environmental efficiency.
Developed with sustainability experts, Envirowise, the process involves a two-day visit by two environmental assessors to your site during which they will undertake a detailed analysis of your waste levels, energy consumption and environmental management scheme. Their ndings are then condensed into a summary report specically tailored to the UK printing industry.
The outcome, which is presented to your sta at the end of the visit, links environmental management with business objectives by identifying realistic cost-reduction projects.
How much can it save?
Average savings identified in the 16 companies where we have conducted the Environmental Diagnostic are £300,000 or 1.0% of turnover (with a range of 0.5 ' 2.6%) ' a fabulous return on investment.
Working with employees from key areas of your business, two environmental experts:
- Assess environmental management and resource efficiency against print best practice criteria
- Review the cost of wasted resources and energy
- Agree current environmental performance with client team
- Prioritise improvement projects to save money
- Present feedback to senior managers and discuss next steps to build on ndings
- Develop a practical action plan to realise savings at no or low cost
- Waste streams and energy usage analysis identifies practical improvements
- Environmental management and resource efficiency print-sector benchmarked
- Environmental legislative non-compliance issues highlighted
- Significant potential cost savings highlighted
- Productivity Healthcheck Printers are under increasing pressure to deliver higher quality products, at competitive prices, yet with ever-faster turnarounds.
- Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) Eliminating machine downtime and unscheduled maintenance is one of the most important tasks for busy printers.
- Materials Waste Reduction A ViP Materials Waste Reduction programme examines strategies that can save up to 5% off material spend, whether paper, board or film.
- 5C/5S Workplace Organisation Implement 5C/5S workplace organisation techniques into your business to improve safety, productivity and customer perception using visual techniques to ensure sustainability.
- Admin and Workflow (Process) Streamlining Companies who take part in this course learn how to streamline their information flow making the entire job from enquiry to delivery, a smoother, more productive and profitable process.
- Booster Booster is a programme focussed on further process improvement within your business, helping you meet the continuing challenge of delivering excellence in print quality, against a backdrop of shorter lead times and tighter margins.
- Masterclass Masterclass is our two-week flagship programme, specially designed for companies with over 100 employees, be they commercial, newspaper or packaging printers.
- Masterclass Lite Masterclass Lite is a scaled down version of our flagship Masterclass programme, and has been specifically tailored for smaller printing companies regardless of sector.
- Kickstart During Kickstart, your staff will learn techniques that have been proven to improve productivity in the print industry and beyond, through tutorials and practical participation.
- Modular Improvement Programme Modular Improvement Plan is tailor made for all UK printers that employ 25 members of staff or less, who are keen to raise productivity and streamline workflows.
- Operations Assessment A unique business diagnostic designed specifically to help suppliers identify how to save costs and improve productivity and competitiveness.
- Press Productivity Improvement A Press Productivity Improvement Programme builds upon your business’ priority areas, as identified in an Operations Assessment.
The BPIF is the printing industries champion. By becoming a member you join a diverse and influential community. We help you solve business problems, connect you to new customers and suppliers and make your voice heard in government.
0845 250 7050