Booster is a programme focussed on further process improvement within your business, helping you meet the continuing challenge of delivering excellence in print quality, against a backdrop of shorter lead times and tighter margins.
Taking only five days, Booster typically yields between a five and ten-fold return on investment. Teams previously participating in Booster have delivered in excess of £50,000 added value improvement in the first year.
Booster is all about building on what's already been learnt to attain three key benefits:
- Bottom-line impact through a productivity focus on a specific area of business
- A deeper insight into Best Practice and proven continuous improvement techniques to help boost your company's overall performance and productivity
- On-going benefits, derived from an understanding of modern Best Practice principals
Furthermore, you can count on the programme to deeply instil a culture of continuous and sustainable improvement within your business, ensuring ongoing results.
As the name suggests, our Booster Programme is here to boost the productivity and performance enhancements that your business has already attained through a ViP process improvement programme.
Undertaken with Vision in Print's hands-on approach, the programme provides your staff with practical advice, and the motivation to act on it and maintain the standards that they have set themselves.
Having already participated in another ViP programme, your staff will be able to extend their portfolio of best practice tools and techniques. Feeding off the expertise and enthusiasm of the ViP engineer, they will be making key decisions themselves based on the experience they have gained.
Booster - the programme
A day of preparation includes a diagnostic to identify a specific target objective, such as improving workflow within your platemaking department.
Next comes the three-day workshop, during which:
- Each team member is fully engaged in hands-on activity. The ViP engineer will act as guide on how to implement changes in accordance with tried and tested Best Practice techniques and methods from the printing industry and beyond.
- Your team will harness their skills to raise your company's standards to the best in industry.
- A new found confidence and enthusiasm for the process will be created within your employees.
- The staff will present their findings to senior management, complete with an implementation schedule and a prediction of profit impact.
Lastly, a follow up day will help your team review their progress. They will also plan to roll out what they've learned to the rest of your business
- Productivity Healthcheck Printers are under increasing pressure to deliver higher quality products, at competitive prices, yet with ever-faster turnarounds.
- Lean Focused Maintenance Eliminating machine downtime and unscheduled maintenance is one of the most important tasks for busy printers.
- Materials Waste Reduction A ViP Materials Waste Reduction programme examines strategies that can save up to 5% off material spend, whether paper, board or film.
- 5'C' Roll-out Implement 5C/5S workplace organisation techniques into your business to improve safety, productivity and customer perception using visual techniques to ensure sustainability.
- Office and Prepress Change Cycle Companies who take part in this course learn how to streamline their information flow making the entire job from enquiry to delivery, a smoother, more productive and profitable process.
- Masterclass Masterclass is our two-week flagship programme, specially designed for companies with over 100 employees, be they commercial, newspaper or packaging printers.
- Masterclass Lite Masterclass Lite is a scaled down version of our flagship Masterclass programme, and has been specifically tailored for smaller printing companies regardless of sector.
- Kickstart During Kickstart, your staff will learn techniques that have been proven to improve productivity in the print industry and beyond, through tutorials and practical participation.
- Modular Improvement Programme Modular Improvement Plan is tailor made for all UK printers that employ 25 members of staff or less, who are keen to raise productivity and streamline workflows.
- Operations Assessment A unique business diagnostic designed specifically to help suppliers identify how to save costs and improve productivity and competitiveness.
- Environmental Diagnostic The Environmental Diagnostic is a tool for rapidly gauging the environmental credentials of your business and realising tangible financial benefits from improving environmental efficiency.
The BPIF is the printing industries champion. By becoming a member you join a diverse and influential community. We help you solve business problems, connect you to new customers and suppliers and make your voice heard in government.
0845 250 7050