Printers are under increasing pressure to deliver higher quality products at competitive prices, whilst reducing time to market. To do this they need to make the most of their existing hardware and optimise their information management, operational processes and staff in order to deliver profitable performance.
The Productivity Healthcheck takes a short, sharp look at your operations. Applicable to companies of all sizes, it gives a rapid assessment of the key factors affecting productivity and the potential for improvement, including state of readiness to move forward. Companies involved in previous improvement programmes have made dramatic process advancements.
The Healthcheck investigates 9 key areas of manufacturing:
- Data Collection
- Operational diagnostic for your business
- Identifies strengths and weaknesses in operational performance
- Specific practical recommendations on how to build operational competitiveness
- An annual review of company progress towards best practice/BPIF Seal of Excellence
- Immediate feedback
- Often reveals huge hidden potential for productivity improvements
- Rapid ROI from subsequent Improvement programmes to address highlighted issues
- Lean Manufacturing Implementation Originally based on the Toyota Production System, ‘lean' manufacturing provides a radically different way of running manufacturing processes, equally applicable to aerospace engineering or print production.
- Profit Improvement Planning (PIP) The Profit Improvement Planning Service aims to identify operational measures that can be improved to increase productivity and in turn, business profits.
- Operations Assessment The Operations Assessment is a straightforward tool which identifies what you need to do to achieve excellence.
- Best Practice Publications Benchmarking your business against others is one of the most effective ways of understanding the potential for improved productivity, performance and profit.
- Bespoke Continuous Improvement Programmes Bespoke programmes are specifically tailored to meet your Continuous Improvement Strategy.
- Materials Waste Reduction This programme identifies and tackles the biggest and most easily remedied causes of waste through introducing simple measures to recognise and track waste reduction.
- Press Productivity Improvement Using the experience of BPIF Process Improvement Engineers and tools designed specifically for the printing industry, this programme will bring your business measurable improvements in terms of quality, cost and delivery.
- Modular Improvement Programme Our Modular Improvement Programme is tailor-made for all UK printers that employ 25 members of staff or fewer, who are keen to raise productivity and streamline workflows.
- Cost Rate Review Service Our Cost Rate Review Service regularly identifies companies that are undercharging for their services.
- Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) Ever increasing pressure on deadlines means that there is never a good time for a breakdown on any of your key equipment and yet essential maintenance is often squeezed by production pressures.
- 5C/5S Workplace Organisation Implementation of 5C/5S workplace organisation techniques into your business can improve safety, productivity and customer perception.
- Admin & Workflow (Process) Streamlining Management Information System (MIS) installations and the arrival of Job Definition Formats necessitate changes, but few companies have the opportunity, skills or confidence to stand back and identify how things should operate.
- Why you need Process Improvement? BPIF Process Improvement provides an industry-specific and cost-effective service to help printers and packaging manufacturers to proactively improve their own productivity and competitiveness.