UK printers must constantly innovate, invest and adapt to remain competitive. The operations assessment is a unique business diagnostic specifically designed to help printers identify how to reduce costs, improve productivity and drive competitiveness.
The Operations Assessment is a straightforward tool which identifies what you need to do to achieve excellence. It uses lean manufacturing tools and techniques to identify how to save costs, change organisational culture, increase productivity and in turn, boost staff morale. It is designed to provide comprehensive and insightful reporting with minimal effort from you and your staff in 2 days.
Companies involved in improvement programmes have made dramatic process improvements.
Typical examples include:
? 23% reduction in stitching line make-readies
? 20% improvement in on-time delivery performance
? 28% reduction for sheet-fed press make-readies
- Benchmarking against over 500 UK print and packaging companies
- Report scoring your operations for 14 best practice criteria
- A high level process map to help you make efficiencies and savings
- Analysis of production bottlenecks and opportunities for improvement
- Identification of information bottlenecks and opportunities for streamlining
- Pragmatic explanation of how best practice could apply to your business
- Analysis of 8 key operational measures from your data
The BPIF Operations Assessment not only identifies opportunities for fast cost savings, but also provides a gateway into fresh ways of working that will have a sustainable impact on your business.
- Productivity Healthcheck Printers are under increasing pressure to deliver higher quality products at competitive prices, whilst reducing time to market
- Profit Improvement Planning (PIP) The Profit Improvement Planning Service aims to identify operational measures that can be improved to increase productivity and in turn, business profits.
- Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) Ever increasing pressure on deadlines means that there is never a good time for a breakdown on any of your key equipment and yet essential maintenance is often squeezed by production pressures.
- 5C/5S Workplace Organisation Implementation of 5C/5S workplace organisation techniques into your business can improve safety, productivity and customer perception.
- Admin & Workflow (Process) Streamlining Management Information System (MIS) installations and the arrival of Job Definition Formats necessitate changes, but few companies have the opportunity, skills or confidence to stand back and identify how things should operate.
- Press Productivity Improvement Using the experience of BPIF Process Improvement Engineers and tools designed specifically for the printing industry, this programme will bring your business measurable improvements in terms of quality, cost and delivery.
- Modular Improvement Programme Our Modular Improvement Programme is tailor-made for all UK printers that employ 25 members of staff or fewer, who are keen to raise productivity and streamline workflows.
- Bespoke Continuous Improvement Programmes Bespoke programmes are specifically tailored to meet your Continuous Improvement Strategy.
- Materials Waste Reduction This programme identifies and tackles the biggest and most easily remedied causes of waste through introducing simple measures to recognise and track waste reduction.
- Lean Manufacturing Implementation Originally based on the Toyota Production System, ‘lean' manufacturing provides a radically different way of running manufacturing processes, equally applicable to aerospace engineering or print production.
- Best Practice Publications Benchmarking your business against others is one of the most effective ways of understanding the potential for improved productivity, performance and profit.
- Why you need Process Improvement? BPIF Process Improvement provides an industry-specific and cost-effective service to help printers and packaging manufacturers to proactively improve their own productivity and competitiveness.