Our Modular Improvement Programme is tailor-made for all UK printers that employ 25 members of staff or fewer, who are keen to raise productivity and
Despite raw material price increases, tax hikes, wage increases etc, most printers continue to face falling prices. Margins are under severe pressure, yet for small printers the problem is to find the time to make changes for the better.
The objective of the Modular Improvement Programme is to implement strong but simple process improvements via a series of 1 or 2 day modules so that companies can afford to release the staff to tackle such challenges.
Spread across a 3 month period, with a pick ‘n' mix format, companies choose the key topics to tackle, from key performance measures and machine efficiency to production planning and layout improvement.
- Real cost savings realised quickly
- Specifically designed for printers with 25 members of staff or fewer
- Initial diagnostic defines which areas to focus on
- Increased operational effectiveness in areas that matter to you
- Modular structure minimises impact on your cash-flow and resources
- Employees learn problem solving techniques that increase their effectiveness
- Profits boosted
- Productivity Healthcheck Printers are under increasing pressure to deliver higher quality products at competitive prices, whilst reducing time to market
- Profit Improvement Planning (PIP) The Profit Improvement Planning Service aims to identify operational measures that can be improved to increase productivity and in turn, business profits.
- Operations Assessment The Operations Assessment is a straightforward tool which identifies what you need to do to achieve excellence.
- Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) Ever increasing pressure on deadlines means that there is never a good time for a breakdown on any of your key equipment and yet essential maintenance is often squeezed by production pressures.
- 5C/5S Workplace Organisation Implementation of 5C/5S workplace organisation techniques into your business can improve safety, productivity and customer perception.
- Admin & Workflow (Process) Streamlining Management Information System (MIS) installations and the arrival of Job Definition Formats necessitate changes, but few companies have the opportunity, skills or confidence to stand back and identify how things should operate.
- Press Productivity Improvement Using the experience of BPIF Process Improvement Engineers and tools designed specifically for the printing industry, this programme will bring your business measurable improvements in terms of quality, cost and delivery.
- Bespoke Continuous Improvement Programmes Bespoke programmes are specifically tailored to meet your Continuous Improvement Strategy.
- Materials Waste Reduction This programme identifies and tackles the biggest and most easily remedied causes of waste through introducing simple measures to recognise and track waste reduction.
- Lean Manufacturing Implementation Originally based on the Toyota Production System, ‘lean' manufacturing provides a radically different way of running manufacturing processes, equally applicable to aerospace engineering or print production.
- Best Practice Publications Benchmarking your business against others is one of the most effective ways of understanding the potential for improved productivity, performance and profit.
- Why you need Process Improvement? BPIF Process Improvement provides an industry-specific and cost-effective service to help printers and packaging manufacturers to proactively improve their own productivity and competitiveness.