Our Cost Rate Review Service regularly identifies companies that are undercharging for their services. This may produce new business wins in the short term; but if that work is not properly priced due to the true costs of the work involved, it will not be sustainable over the longer period.
Correct pricing of your services - which takes into account all costs, including machine operation and overtime - will factor in consistency and ensure profitability for your operations. In addition, precise and accurate pricing can help give you an edge over your rivals; assist with budgeting; improve your
Management Information System; and assist you in developing a more effective workflow.
One of our consultants will evaluate your cost rates, looking at your operations in their entirety. A spreadsheet model will be produced showing the benefits more accurate cost rates will generate for your business. The result will be a more robust platform for your company's development and growth, protecting
you against the effect of raw materials price fluctuations and helping you operate more competitively.
- Accurately estimate and cost jobs
- Price for profit
- Improve the accuracy and reliability of your MIS
- Produce detailed budgets and forecasts
- Create Key Performance Indicators such as chargeable hours, machine use and targets for staff
- Meet best practice
- Enjoy greater competitive advantage
- Why you need Process Improvement? BPIF Process Improvement provides an industry-specific and cost-effective service to help printers and packaging manufacturers to proactively improve their own productivity and competitiveness.
- Lean Manufacturing Implementation Originally based on the Toyota Production System, ‘lean' manufacturing provides a radically different way of running manufacturing processes, equally applicable to aerospace engineering or print production.
- Best Practice Publications Benchmarking your business against others is one of the most effective ways of understanding the potential for improved productivity, performance and profit.
- Productivity Healthcheck Printers are under increasing pressure to deliver higher quality products at competitive prices, whilst reducing time to market
- Profit Improvement Planning (PIP) The Profit Improvement Planning Service aims to identify operational measures that can be improved to increase productivity and in turn, business profits.
- Operations Assessment The Operations Assessment is a straightforward tool which identifies what you need to do to achieve excellence.
- Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) Ever increasing pressure on deadlines means that there is never a good time for a breakdown on any of your key equipment and yet essential maintenance is often squeezed by production pressures.
- 5C/5S Workplace Organisation Implementation of 5C/5S workplace organisation techniques into your business can improve safety, productivity and customer perception.
- Admin & Workflow (Process) Streamlining Management Information System (MIS) installations and the arrival of Job Definition Formats necessitate changes, but few companies have the opportunity, skills or confidence to stand back and identify how things should operate.
- Materials Waste Reduction This programme identifies and tackles the biggest and most easily remedied causes of waste through introducing simple measures to recognise and track waste reduction.
- Press Productivity Improvement Using the experience of BPIF Process Improvement Engineers and tools designed specifically for the printing industry, this programme will bring your business measurable improvements in terms of quality, cost and delivery.
- Modular Improvement Programme Our Modular Improvement Programme is tailor-made for all UK printers that employ 25 members of staff or fewer, who are keen to raise productivity and streamline workflows.
- Bespoke Continuous Improvement Programmes Bespoke programmes are specifically tailored to meet your Continuous Improvement Strategy.