Approximately 60% of a printer's cost of sales is in materials, consumables and services. Purchasing management is thus vital to controlling costs and boosting profits and yet purchasing is seldom seen as a core activity for many printers. As customers demand lower prices and improved levels of service, printers must change their approach in order to find new ways of working with their suppliers to minimise their costs. In this highly competitive printing environment only the lowest cost producers will survive in the longer term.
The purchasing and supply chain management support service from BPIF Specialist Services can help printers achieve a sustainable, competitive position and to increase profitability.
Our approach is thorough and supportive. Our Purchasing and Supply Chain Management review will benchmark your organisation's buying practices, procedures and systems against Best Practice, make recommendations for improvements and help prioritise actions. If desired, we can then also provide a fully managed solution to help you implement these recommendations over an agreed period of time.
- Business Planning and Implementation Business planning is not just for start-ups, when you need to refinance or when you want to sell the company.
- Factory Layout and Planning BPIF Specialist Sevices offer expert advice and support on factory planning for members who are moving premises or whose business space requirements have changed.
- Business Continuity Planning If an unexpected disruption happened to your business, how long do you think it would be before you were able to resume normal service?
- Website Design & Build A well designed, fully functional website that makes it simple to do business with you is essential in today's competitive marketplace.
- Tender Response Support Service Customer loyalty is becoming rarer. As a result, regular commitments from major clients can be key in ensuring the ongoing stability of your print business.
- Cost Rate Review Service Our Cost Rate Review Service regularly identifies companies that are undercharging for their services.
- Sales Business Development Support in Sales.
The BPIF is the printing industries champion. By becoming a member you join a diverse and influential community. We help you solve business problems, connect you to new customers and suppliers and make your voice heard in government.
0845 250 7050