9 September 2019
Connect with your local school
Print is everywhere. It informs and illuminates, brings us beauty and entertainment, it communicates, educates and inspires. Who wouldn't want to be involved in this industry.
The industry has made it clear that it wants to engage with the next generation, and we are committed to helping employers do this as easily as possible.
There are many reasons to connect with your chosen school including:
• Supporting your local community
• Raising the profile of your business in your community
• Increasing the profile of the print industry among the up-and-coming generation
• Improving your recruitment options
• Improving the diversity of your organisation
• Promoting existing staff development
We've been developing a new section on our website that provides key resources to support you in engaging with your chosen school.
The website has three key sections:
An area for employers with resources to support them in their engagement with schools, including help with hosting site visits and work experience opportunities.
An area for schools wanting to find out more about the industry and to connect with employers more easily.
An area for students and parents who want information about the industry and all the career opportunities it has to offer.
Benefits for learners include:
• Improved knowledge, skills and behaviours to improve performance
• Help with career progression
• Increased job satisfaction
• Increased confidence
• Raised profile within your organisation and industry
• Platform for further learning
To start exploring this new section of the website, please click the link below.
8 January 2020
Further information on UK paper and board demand available to BPIF members from EMGE - paper industry consultants.
16 January 2020
A BPIF analysis of newly revised data from the Office for National Statistics provides a detailed product sector breakdown for UK manufacturer sales of printed products.