North East and Yorkshire schools ‘Building My Skills’ initiative
The BPIF are supporting a programme operated by ESH Group, a construction company head quartered in Durham, to provide an initiative to schools and, more specifically, to students in years 9, 10 and 11.
The concept of Building My Skills (BMS) is for companies from differing and diverse sectors to deliver an employability skills programme within schools across the North East and Yorkshire. This scheme can fit very nicely into your company's corporate and social responsibility portfolio, and fulfils a need for the school to deliver interaction with wider business.
The basic outline of the programme is as detailed below.
Building My Skills
- Year-long structured employability skills programme
- Engages Year 9, 10, 11 students as part of the timetable
- 5 x 1 hour employability guidance sessions
- Delivered at no cost to any stakeholder
- Improve employability skills
- Insight into roles within a range of sectors
- Raises aspirations and develops soft skills
- Develop the ‘employability portfolio'
- Interview experience
- Setup and managed by ESH Group's Added Value team
- Delivered across ESH Group's delivery areas
Companies who get involved would be required to deliver 1, or more, 1 hour business sessions that includes a section on the Print Sector, and another on their business. The programme is being trialled with a small number of members and, if as expected it is a success, will be offered to the wider membership for the 2019/20 academic year.
In the meantime, if you would like to find out more please contact Darren Shepherd - firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07714 134655
The 2018 edition of Intergraf's annual economic report ‘The Evolution of the European Graphic Industry' has now been published and is available for BPIF members to download.
The 11th annual report on the state of the UK and Ireland's wide-format print sector.