The Future of Label Printing to 2024 - Smithers Pira
Future growth is forecast to continue strongly through to 2024 at a rate of 4.0% to reach $49.9 billion in 2024. Smithers Pira's latest dedicated study on this vibrant market segment reveals that the volume of labels printed will rise from 1.21 trillion to 1.59 trillion A4 print equivalents over the same period.
As this expansion continues print equipment builders, ink suppliers and print service providers are having to adjust to shifting end-use demands and the challenge of leveraging the latest technology effectively. These include the further penetration of high productivity inkjet machines, the drive for premiumised labels in a globalised market place, and the need for enhanced sustainability in labelling solutions.
- Exclusive market data for current and future demand for printed labels.
- Dedicated analysis of future growth segmented across five label and sleeve formats, nine print processes, eight end-use. applications, and 30 geographic and national markets.
- In-depth profiles of key market and technology trends shaping the evolution of this print segment.
What methodology is used?
This new study is based on Smithers Pira's deep expertise of the printing and packaging industries, focussed via a dedicated new market survey. Primary research for the study included targeted interviews with key opinion formers and technical experts across the label print industry.
This was combined with extensive secondary research of evolving markets both within the label industry and of broader market drivers, including demographic shifts, retail trends and brand owner priorities.
Input from these two sources was combined with Smithers Pira's existing database of data on the print, packaging and related markets. This was moderated and informed by input from our in-house team of consultants to produce critical market forecasts for the evolution of the label print market through to 2024.
What will you discover?
- Historic, current and forecast demand for all key formats of printed labels (including shrink and stretch sleeves), in over 250 data tables and figures.
- The current state of the art in narrow-web print equipment design and how this can be developed to support future profitability.
- What print processes are best positioned to meet the latest brand, retailer and regulatory requirements for labels.
- Which key regional and national markets will experience the greatest surge in demand across 2019-2024.
Who should buy this report?
- Narrow-web and label print machine manufacturers
- Ink and label substrate suppliers
- Packaging converters and print service providers
- Suppliers of finishing equipment
- Industry consultants, investors, and analysts.
Discover more from Smithers Pira on the link below.Downloads
The BPIF has updated its briefing document summarising the latest developments regarding pulp, paper and board demand and prices.
Download an excel file containing the official Producer Price Indices for the UK Printing Industry (SIC 18). This excel file shows the input and output price indices separately. However, it does also graphically combine the two indices so as to depict the relative change between them.